Chocolate Chip Scones (167 cals each) with pics

Options
Angellore
Angellore Posts: 519 Member
I made these yummy scones today.

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour (plain flour in UK)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup plain fat free yogurt
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 400f/200c/180c fan oven

2. In a large bowl combine the flours, oats, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon (I actually used Pumpkin Pie spice because it's what I had handy). Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the dry ingredients. Using your hands rub together until there are no lumps of butter. (Can also be done in a food processor). Add yoghurt, egg, vanilla extract and chocolate chips. Combine well using a wooden spoon.

3. Place the dough onto a lightly floured board. Knead lightly to finish combining all ingredients. Form into a ball and flatten into an 8" corcle (1/2" thick) with your hands or a floured rolling pin (the mixture will be quite sticky). Cut into 8 wedges. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or use parchment paper. Place the 8 wedges on the baking sheet.

4. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.

I got this recipe from the 400 calorie fix cookbook. Apparently they can be frozen. They will be something I am definitely going to make again and again.

Stats:

8172515753_d1fee99c52.jpg

8172535842_a2df182413.jpg

8172508291_4d34453c99.jpg

I am in the UK so my my fellow country people you can get US size measuring cups and spoons in Asda, only a couple of quid for each set!

Replies