What WAS I thinking?

Options
2»

Replies

• EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the hardest. I think there has to be something that touches you deep down to truly motivate you to keep going with an exercise/food change. You sound like you have a wonderful husband, you'll get to where you want to be! I was an all or nothing mentality too. I have gained and lost the same 40 pounds IDK how many times. I never really tackled my food before, I always just worked out - a lot. Now I am tackling food and getting that sorted and moderate exercise. I wish you luck on your journey! Feel free to add me, I am always looking for more people to partner up with to make this happen! :)
  • babyduck71
    Options
    Hey girlie! I'm proud of you. I read this whole post and thought, "Good for her!" And then I went and checked your profile and realized who it was. So, I'm replying to let you know that I'm with you. Now I'm going back into hiding while I figure this place out. =)
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie! I'm proud of you. I read this whole post and thought, "Good for her!" And then I went and checked your profile and realized who it was. So, I'm replying to let you know that I'm with you. Now I'm going back into hiding while I figure this place out. =)

Love you, duckie!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have been taking baby steps too. It hasn't been easy but it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I have lost 17 pounds so far in the 4 months I have been here. I love this website and all the people who support and encourage me even when I have a bad day. Send me a friend request and we will take baby steps together. I love logging on and seeing friend requests.
  • chili88
    Options
    That is such an inspirational story! You have great motivation, and it's great that you have your husband's support. Good luck to you! I know that I struggle with the same problems of being on and off the band wagon.

Good Luck!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Like all great journeys, you have started by putting one foot in front of the other. Welcome to MFP and I'd be happy to offer my support to both of you!
  • runningartist
    runningartist Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm gonna friend you now! :)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!! One day at a time...baby steps! I sent you a friend request.
  • shepram50
    shepram50 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That was amazing to read. Very motivating. I myself am in the sam boat an looking forward to starting these journey. Good luck to you friend me if you like.
  • rugbysgirl
    Options
    Hey girl,
    I am all about supporting you, how could anyone not want to!!! You are a fighter and so is that wonderful husband of yours.:) I feel like we have a lot in common and I am learning that small changes can bring much bigger results because we are more likely to be successful:) I am just starting again for the millionth time to diet, however I do feel different because I am seeking support and I am trying to take one day at a time:) Please write and so will I we can support each other for sure!!!:) Hang in there honey you can do it::):smile:
  • ontrack2be
    Options
    My Gosh what an amazing journey you have had. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am more than happy to support you

Cheers