5'6 157 to 127

Options
My current account only reflects the last 11 pounds I've lost, but I'm still pretty proud of being about 2 lbs from my target goal! When I tell people I've lost 30 pounds (and still eat pizza just about every week!) it's pretty cool. Here are my before pictures and then I took terrible bathroom pictures in the same outfits

before.jpg
BEFORE ~155 lbs

heaviest.jpg
BEFORE 157, highest weight and starting graduate school. Notice my belly sticking out and I'm barely fitting those shorts. That's because I couldn't fit into any of my jeans after a summer of eating terrible food

photo3.jpg
Current: 127. Black dress fits much better!

photo2.jpg
Current: 127. Belly not poking out, shorts are actually too big and fall off.

family.jpg
Current: 127

Went from a jean size 10 to a jean size 4-6 (my 6's I bought recently are already loose!) for those wondering.

Hope this inspires those that are just on the brink of overweight (156 was where my BMI stated I was overweight). I still have a few pounds to go and some muscle to start working on building, but overall I'm very happy!

Replies

• naturallyadiva
    naturallyadiva Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look really great! Great motivator!
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    Thanks!! Although, I really wish I would have cleaned my bathroom mirror before taking those pictures now haha
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You look incredible!
  • Zenyehtta
    Zenyehtta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Since your body shape (And where all the fat went) is similar to mine it definitely motivates me :)

Congratulations (And you look wonderful in your wedding dress!)
  • Samantha5509
    Samantha5509 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • kimmywodrich
    kimmywodrich Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Got any advice??
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    You look great!! Got any advice??

I am actually probably a terrible diary to follow!! I still eat candy and (healthy) chips on a regular basis. I have pizza practically every Friday night. I don't exercise as much as I would like to thanks to vet school being a constant pain.

So here's what's helped me:
    First of all, if you don't need to lose a lot of weight, set your weight loss goals to 0.5 lbs per week. This ensures you aren't starving yourself. I tried losing 1 lb per week at first, and my low calories caused me to be so tired all the time which doesn't work while I'm in school and constantly studying.

Be patient and follow your calories! Luckily it really was that simple for me. It helps having people to support you because it's hard when they bring bagels to school and everyone wants to know why you aren't having one. Those are the hardest times for me.

Eat the way you want as long as you are following your calories!
    I am a HUGE snacker (because I'm always studying and snacking is just what helps). So I have fairly low calorie breakfasts and lunches (I don't get tired of having the same thing all the time) and I leave myself most of my calories for a good dinner and awesome snacks. If you prefer big lunches and don't like snacking, then plan around that!, etc. work with what makes you happy!

And since I'm a huge snacker, I couldn't just give it up. I just substituted regular chips for pringles light (28 chips = 140 calories. not bad!). I also love my daily cereal, but I changed from Lucky Charms to FiberOne 80. I love beer, but I changed from Corona to Miller 64. you get the idea.

I also do elliptical (I aim for about 30 minutes 3x a week, but I struggle during big test weeks) along with dumbbells, stability ball, etc. all while watching TV

It's not clean eating. I'm working on that. I need to exercise more too. but the one thing I've been super strict on is following my calories as often as possible, and that worked!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    Nice work. You look fantastic!
  • mhrodriguez44
    mhrodriguez44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congrats! you look great :smile:
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can really see the muscle definition in your arms in your after picture in the black dress. You look great!
  • rougenoire
    rougenoire Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I can't see the photos here as I am at work but I am commenting so I can check back later! How did you get to your goal if you don't mind me asking as you were a similar starting weight to what I am now.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job and, the fact that you don't eat "clean" all the time sounds similar to my own diary. And we're both from Oklahoma. I think I'll friend request you. You're quite motivating =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!