Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I had a good night, too :happy:.
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    I have failed a little bit. I had 1 cup of buttermilk around 8 pm. My dinner was too light. Nex time I will eat a bit bigger dinner!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Stuck to my cut-off time again last night! 4 days out of 4.
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm 3/4. Not counting the home late ate dark chocolate with almonds night. I was surprised last night. Someone treated us with sugar cookies but I stuck with my rule of eating my food before eating other people's offerings or buying junk snacks. Even my MFP friends there said "oh just eat one, we did". But I said no cause then I'd have to report it to you all. Then after I had eaten my food the cookies were gone. Which is ok since we were busy and by then I didn't care that much. Out of sight out of mind, or maybe out of access out of mind.

Good job everyone - most everyone seems to be having some successes! :happy:

Can I just say I Love MFP!!!!:wink:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I have failed a little bit. I had 1 cup of buttermilk around 8 pm. My dinner was too light. Nex time I will eat a bit bigger dinner!

No, you didn't :wink:. Keep on counting, sunnysashka

rosemary, WELL DONE! We :love: you, too - you are motivational! Thanks for bringing me back in the ring :wink:.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    No, you didn't :wink:. Keep on counting, sunnysashka
    Thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • nicola_743
    Options
    5/7 for no snacks although I did have my dinner very late last night! Do a lot of people put a cut off time on generally eating in the evening or just on snacks? I have had my dinner and not eaten anything after but it's been different times each night. It#s difficult though as sometimes I get in from work at 5pm and other nights at 8pm. It just depends when I get away from the office!X
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm 4/5. But can I say that yesterday was my worst yet. I had eaten only an apple after midnight, came home and slept from 9a to 3p and stopped at Boston Market before our Reformation Indy Conference and was STARVING. I had almost my whole days calories and thought it didn't matter what I ate. Needless to say, I went way over my days calories because we had snacks at the conference too. :frown:
    Today is a new day and I get a new chance! Lets see what happenes since I'm meeting my son for breakfast at Bob Evans before the Conference :wink: . At least now I know where some of my greatest danger spots are: snacks at work, eating out and starving.

Nicola- tough question......the resident, experts Lulabelle and Dewdrop, should have some helpful advice for you.:flowerforyou:

Sunnysashka and Pmjsmom - you guys are cruising right along :flowerforyou:

Teetee - great new pictures, :heart: em!

Happy Saturday All:smile:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    "Oops, I did it again" :happy:.
    Do a lot of people put a cut off time on generally eating in the evening or just on snacks? I

This is delicate. We have the tradition of picking a cut-off time when we start the challenge. The purpose is mainly to prevent cheating - postponing dinner until very late - since the healthy way is to stop eating about 2hrs before going to bed.

On the other hand, I've had the exact problem twice this week. I did not snack after dinner, but I had to have it a bit later than my cut-off, simply because I got home late (and I don't mean eating out, then coming home and running to the fridge to grab some desert). So I'm in two minds about how to count those nights, although on a personal level I've reached the conclusion that they were good nights.

In short: you can have a flexible cut-off, as long as you try to leave some (time-) space for digestion before hitting the sack :wink: and as long as you have healthy food for dinner (and don't turn it into snacking). Does that make sense? :smile:

I think I've said this in the intro: the purpose is actually to avoid pigging out in the evening.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    :happy: WOW! I did it again last night! Cut-off was 10pm because I was going to bed at around midnight. Had a snack around 9. Actually started thing about eating some more around 11:30--no, I wasn't hungry!--and realized I was tired! SO, I went to bed! What a concept!:laugh:

Thanks, group, for helping me stay on track!:flowerforyou: (Of course, today will be a toughie--just have to do my best!)
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This is a big problem for me! I find myself snacking late at night. I am sure mostly out of habit.

I've added a category "Anything after 8pm" to my Food Tracking page. This way, I can keep track of what I am eating late at night. Hopefully having to track it will discourage me from eating it! : )
  • nicola_743
    Options
    Day 7/7 I was a failure!! I had icecream from MacDonalds last night because I was with my friends running about in the car and they all went to MacDonalds. I couldn't resist :(

810753.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • nicola_743
    Options
    "Oops, I did it again" :happy:.

I think I've said this in the intro: the purpose is actually to avoid pigging out in the evening.

Thank you :smile: Although after that I failed last night in my own challenge which was just no snacks at all. I think I'll make my cut off 9pm as the latest I ever get in from work is 8pm so that gives me an hour to have tea.

Cheers again Xx
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Friday night had me falling off the wagon big time and holding on by my fingernails. But instead of waiting for Monday (the day when all "diets" start), I'm hopping back up on that blasted wagon today. So tonight, my cutoff is 7:30.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA, but doing okay. When the new week officially start, I will be back on top of the boards. My hectic week is finally over and for the past 2 days I've eaten pretty well, but I had a ball on Friday and of course dinner did not start til 8pm. Luckily, I kind of snacked on something before hand and was able to eat very little. I didn't have a cut off time in my mind. Last night, I cooked and was definitely done by 730pm. For here on out, I will post my goals and keep accurate count. See you guys on the board this evening.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Well, I slipped a bit last night. Had a 100 calorie pack of cinnamon thins with my night time tea (I don't consider the tea as snacking--it's more af a bedtime ritual!). Compared to other times, though, that wasn't bad at all and I am back on my 'no snacks after 8' schedule today!

I want to thank all of you for helping me to (mostly) think twice before I snack!
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    I'm still ON! Cut off - 6 pm. Gonna be 7 out of 7 tomorrow (if that buttermilk is not counted):laugh:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    But instead of waiting for Monday (the day when all "diets" start), I'm hopping back up on that blasted wagon today.

That's the spirit!

sashka, you rock!

I had a good night on Sat. Today won't count :wink:.

I'll put the link here as soon as the page for the new week is up. See you there :wink:.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    I have read today that to create/to break a habit takes 2 weeks. So, if we stick to "no snacking" rool for a couple of weeks, it will get much easier! )))
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    sashka - you have just inspired me to be "good" for two weeks. Although I was successful last night, I'm going to start today. Two weeks of sticking to my plan. I have 4 weeks til my anniversary and a few more "vanity" pounds to lose to be at my wedding date weight. This will definitely help. You know what, I'm going to set my goal of being good for the next four weeks. I know I can do this. You guys are inspirational.