Give it to me straight..gained 2.6Ibs..what needs to change?

Options
2»

Replies

• kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Eat way more protein, more fiber (preferably from whole food sources). Try to get less refined carbohydrates and processed food.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can lose weight by eating chocolate bars and sweets, and no vegetables and fruit.

actually you can if you are in a caloric deficit. it isn't a great idea, but food choices (or candy choices) don't matter for just weight loss
  • Brittbabysmiles
    Options
    Take a water pill and drink lots of water to flush out your system. Be careful though because you can get dehydrated. But Rey work wonders!:)
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can lose weight by eating chocolate bars and sweets, and no vegetables and fruit.
    Oh, really???
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html
  • keelz2010
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply, I think I was in a panic for nothing really as the scales changed back to normal today haha, and I even lost a pound as well as the 2.6 I'd put on- I feel a bit silly now! I guess I just have to ride out those fluctuations and not get in a tizz next time!

I've got some great tips though from you all though, I've upped my water intake today and will keep that up, increase my veggies and fruit and try to limit amount of sugar and carbs I've been having...no more coco pops ( except maybe a cheeky bowl at the weekend..) I thought that it wouldn't matter eating junk if it was within my daily cals but I was losing much quicker when I first started on MFP and was eating cleaner foods. It's all trial and error, I'll get there in the end!

I don't want to give up carbs completely though, anyone have a rough idea of how much I should consume? MFP gave me a 165 limit, should I try for a lot less? I do love my bananas though and don't want to give them up just because they are high in carbs. :)
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I personally changed my macros to 40% carbs 30% protein 30% fat. That gives me about 1g of protein per lb of LBM.