Feeling frumpy and unattractive.

Options
2»

Replies

• Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Add me, but send a message along so I know who it is...we can do this together!! :)
  • SassieChik03
    SassieChik03 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You guys can add me if you like - I am always looking for friends to encourage and to encourage me :)
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Aw, some guys tend to just take you at your word & respond to that-- he probably didn't know how to reassure you! But with that said, it's always great to have something to motivate you :) Feel free to add me. I just got back in the game after a month or so of slacking :-/ haha
  • micl86
    micl86 Posts: 48
    Options
    feel free to ad me also I always looking for new motivation.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    The only thing that cures that feeling is exercise! It gets results and elevates your mood. You can add me if you like. I love to be a motivator.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling that way!i have been too and March is one to my goal points. Feel free to add!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have a great looking guy and I want to look my best for him. He never criticises my weight but I would love to WOW him!!! Add me if you want some motivation!!! Let's do this!!!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on your hubby. Us guys are not the sharpest tools in the shed! We mean well, but sometimes the brain is just not connected to the mouth!

As for feeling frumpy, this is all up to you. My experience (Male) has been that as I progressed in my weight loss and my fitness level improved, so did my self esteem. Not that my self worth is based upon my looks! But, as a fat person, I was always a back of the class person (out of sight, out of mind). As I started to see success in my fitness goals, I gained some pride and confidence.

Although I am still basically a shy person, I am now much more comfortable with who I am and how I appear to others.

Best of luck on your journey!
  • brandylb79
    brandylb79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new also. Would love to join you in being motivated. I have the same feelings sometimes and it gets hard to stay on track when your doing it alone. Feel free to add me!
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has told me almost every day for years that I am beautiful, but for the majority of the those years, I have hated myself. I appreciated that he thought that way about me, but it didnt take away the hate i had for myself. We were on a trip this past summer, and once again I had gained back 15 of the 20 pounds I lost last winter. We were shopping at a deadly outlet mall, and nothing fit, nothing looked good, and it made the day really depressing cuz he was buying lots of clothes. I got a glimpse in a window of myself, and i wanted to cry. I was wearing comfy capris with a tshirt, hair not done, and minimal makeup. I felt like a lazy cow. I know how you feel. Our hubbies obviously love us and think we are beautiful, now we need to think that way ourselves!!
  • Ann1964x
    Options
    We all have days like that, but my mindset is fake it until I make it.
    I wear nice clothles, keep my makeup and hair done. It makes a difference.
  • thepoetshug
    thepoetshug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is my exact timeline to lose 37 pounds. I will be your buddy!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Your husband could have put it better, but he probably didn't know what to say. Men are sometimes like that. I am glad that I have a husband who usually knows what to say. My sternum and abdomen have 11 incision scars on it and I told him that I look like frankenstein and he was so cool and told me that they were battle scars of me staying alive and he is so glad to spend every minute with me and that he doesn't notice them at all. But people often don't say the right things and are don't know that they come off wrong. Don't let it get you down. Brush it off and move on. Get all dressed up with makeup on and wow him! Please feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • wesmith2
    wesmith2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me :)
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me because I am looking for more support as well. I gained all my weight I lost last year and want to lose some before my birthday in January and then get back down to my goal weight by next summer :-) You can do this!!!! Good luck!
  • FireInHerVeins
    FireInHerVeins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want as a friend,I'm looking for support also. I am looking to get my first 30 off by March due to my wedding anniversary is in March as well. Goodluck with your goals!
  • donnaw3kids
    donnaw3kids Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well. i could use a kick in the pants sometimes too (;
  • ECW202
    ECW202 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for support and would love to add friends to help motivate and encourage each other. Feel free to add me as well!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    It's those days when you go shopping with your friends and they go to places like Express, American Eagle, etc. and pick up sizes 0 and 2 that make you feel like a fat cow. I love my workout buddies who encourage me with the progress I have already made and tell me they are going to whip me into shape!! I doubt I'll ever fit into a 0 or 2, but I would be proud to look good in an 8!
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling that way! I have definitely been there myself, which is why I'm here now. I'm new to the community and looking for support and encouragement as well! I've been up and down with my weight for years, constantly battling my self-esteem and self image. I'm working on a lifestyle change so I can be happy and see what my boyfriend sees in me. Feel free to add me as a friend!