Muscle VS Fat

Options
Just to make clear the whole "fat weights more than muscle" misunderstanding going on, which i've constantly tried to explain to people.

It's about volume.

Also, more muscle = higher metabolism.

yudCd.jpg

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Love the visual! :laugh:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I thought this was resolved.

...in 3rd grade.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Does anyone actually think muscle weighs more than fat? Or do people just not feel the need to add "given equal volume" to the end of the sentence?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I'm still having trouble, can you dumb it down a little?
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    also 5lbs of muscle MUCH harder to gain than 5lbs of fat..
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'm still having trouble, can you dumb it down a little?

Yeah thats not real, its plastic props.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Does anyone actually think muscle weighs more than fat? Or do people just not feel the need to add "given equal volume" to the end of the sentence?

that's what I always assuemed before mfp
    now I tend to think people are actually that dumb
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    That poor dead horse. Always being beat.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    If EVERYONE could just not be a grammar/spelling/etc nazi this wouldn't be such an issue! Everyone knows 5lb of two different things still weighs 5lb. People express the sentiment differently and everyone gets their panties in a wad over it.

Protip: Unwad those panties and move on!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I'll arm wrestle ya for it!!! LMAO
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Oh ffs....

:explode:
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is what weighs more a pound of feathers or a pound of stone? MMUUAAAHAHAHAHAHA
  • maddieprice87
    maddieprice87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know full well that it's to do with the density of muscle being higher than that of fat but I've always considered it to be more of a turn of phrase and that people knew that its not possible for 1lb of muscle to magically weigh more than 1lb of fat...
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    This had never been discussed as a topic before i am sure.

dead-horse.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If EVERYONE could just not be a grammar/spelling/etc nazi this wouldn't be such an issue! Everyone knows 5lb of two different things still weighs 5lb. People express the sentiment differently and everyone gets their panties in a wad over it.

Protip: Unwad those panties and move on!

:drinker:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    hey guess what else!!!!!! The moon is NOT made of cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:indifferent:
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    hey guess what else!!!!!! The moon is NOT made of cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:indifferent:
    :noway:
  • Merrymaker_Misery
    Options
    Clearly the post is meant for the people that have kept asking me about fat loss etc... and want to be educated on the subject, so i have a refference to link them to.

And it's in the motivation and support, cause i actually aim to motivate and support people, not heckler them.

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers, no one knew before they asked.

If you do believe it's a subject you have discussed way too many times, then do NOT reply to the post.

Manners... get them.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    This is posted on the forums over 250 times already and you are standing here telling people they are both stupid and need manners.

:drinker:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    OMG Thank you SO MUCH for clearing that up!!!! I've been really confused!!!! :smokin: