Breakfast Ideas!!

Options
2»

Replies

• irismoon
    irismoon Posts: 83
    Options
    My favorite right now is my healthy breakfast wrap.

1 wheat tortilla
    1 or 2 eggs scrambled
    2 sausage links sliced (I use banquet brown n' serve)
    1/4 cup or one slice 2% cheese
    1 package Taco bell fire sauce (or other hot sauce)

I cook the sausage links in the microwave while the stove heats up. I use paper towels to get off the extra grease and then add them to the egg as it cooks to flavor to the egg along with the cheese. I place it all in the tortilla then add the hot sauce. Fold and eat. It's really tasty and only about 350 calories with two eggs.
  • livingnlove
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is lots of veggies lightly cooked in small amount of olive oil with two eggs scrambled in. Then I top it all with two tablespoons of salsa! Starting with veggies keeps me full longer without all the calories and makes me feel better.
  • chelsinicole
    Options
    Sometimes i will cut up different fruits and put it in a bowl
    Or eat a bagel with cream cheese. Mmmmmm
  • chelsinicole
    Options
    Sometimes i will cut up different fruits and put it in a bowl
    Or eat a bagel with cream cheese. Mmmmmm
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal can be boring but you can dress it up a little with a table spoon of peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of surgar free maple flavor syurp.

Another variation I love of this is oatmeal, vanilla extract, peanut butter & cut up banana (from Simple & Delicious magazine). It's AWESOME! :)

opps
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal can be boring but you can dress it up a little with a table spoon of peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of surgar free maple flavor syurp.

Another variation I love of this is oatmeal, vanilla extract, peanut butter & cut up banana (from Simple & Delicious magazine). It's AWESOME! :)

If you add coco or a a tsp of semisweet chocolate chips to this it taste like a no bake cookie i love it for desert if I have enough calories a the end of the day
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    my new indulgence breakfast
    1/2 multigrain everything bagel
    scrambled egg white
    tablespoon homemade guacamole

SO good!
  • Tanya21H
    Tanya21H Posts: 8
    Options
    Dannon NF Vanilla Yogurt, 1/4 cup Granola or Grape Nuts Cereal & whatever kind of fruit you like! Layer it in a bowl... VERY FILLING and good for you! I had strawberries with mine this morning. My other favorite is Thomas High Fiber English Muffins with an Egg and hot sauce or Salsa! Another one that keeps you FULL a long time!!!
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    I usually have protein shakes for breakfast but when I don't I make one of these because it keeps me full for hours and it tastes great:

1 morningstar original sausage patty (80 c)
    1 double fiber english muffin (120 c)
    1 oz lowfat cheese (70 c)

or this

1 morningstar original sausage patty (80 c)
    1/2 double fiber english muffin (60 c)
    1 oz lowfat cheese (70 c)
    1/4 cup eggbeaters (30)
    1/2 cup fresh baby spinach (3 c)

I cook the sausage patty in a pan and then chop it up, I toast the muffin half and then chop it up, chop the spinach, grate the cheese and layer into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray. I do bread on the bottom, then sausage, then spinach, egg, and then cheese. Bake at 350 until firm. They are great with fresh salsa.
  • Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    This is sooo delicious! Eat it almost everyday, and it's filling!

From the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook

Strawberry Breakfast Banana Split

1 1/2 teaspoons fat-free sugar free hot fudge
    1 small banana peeled and halved lengthwise
    1/4 cup fat-free, sugar-free vanilla yogurt
    1/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
    1 tablespoon crunchy high fiber/low sugar cereal/granola

Arrange banana halves in a small banana split dish or shallow bowl with the cut sides facing inward. Spoon the yogurt in the middle. Top with strawberries, cereal and drizzle with the fudge.

195 calories, 5 g protein, 46 carbs, less than 1 g fat, 2 mg cholesteral, 5 g fiber, 88 mg sodium
  • teffy1
    teffy1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Two of my favorites: (takes 3-4 minutes to make)

BREAKFAST SANDWICH
    Double fiber English Muffin or the new Bagel Thins (both only 100 calories) toasted
    Egg Whites (microwaved)
    Slice of favorite low-cal cheese

Fruit on side

MICROWAVE VEGETABLE OMELET with ENGLISH MUFFIN
    (Inspired by Anisthasia's in Laguna Beach)

Egg whites
    Diced fresh veggies (my favs, asparagus, red bell, zuccini, mushrooms)
    Toasted High fiber low cal English muffin

Directions: microwave veggies 1min. put in microwave omlette maker add egg whites.
    Microwave another 1.5 to 2 min. or until egg is no longer runny