How much weight have you lost so far? How did you do it?

Options
Lets see. I was 195 when I first joined this website. So far, I have lost a total of 9 pounds. Im starting to just drink water. My eating really is better. I dont go for really fattening foods, I also dont go for just fat free foods either. I balance it out with like salmon fillets, turkey cutlets from Walmart, brown rice, and/or green beans. I love Wendy's. I love their small chili, and ultimate chicken grilled sandwich, or their plain baked potato. I eat alot of 100% whole wheat breads, pasta, tortillas and such.

But, Im gonna be honest I have done any exercise, but I have tried to keep active doing other things, like house chores.

Replies

• Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I joined (or rejoined as it may be) in February. In my time away from MFP I lost about 18 lbs, and since re-joining I've lost another 6. I'm with you one the exercise, I try to...but I just don't like it! I eat very well and drink lots of water. I've started to exercise more here and there, and it's picking up frequency, so I should start seeing more results in the coming month.
  • msteresa87
    Options
    Congrats on your 18 pound loss. What exercises do you do?
  • ashley_alm
    ashley_alm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hey, i am totally with you guys on the exercise...lol. but someone showed me this website and you just plug in your weight and time for doing certain activities. for example there is a slot for cooking, putting away groceries, standing, washing the car, etc.

It has helped me and hopefully it can help you! Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the good work!!:drinker:
  • msteresa87
    Options
    thank you. by the way, what website is that?
  • ashley_alm
    ashley_alm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    omg...i'm sorry, i completly forgot to put it... here it is

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

hope it helps you out!!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    At one point in time I had lost a total of 26lbs and was only 8 lbs away from my goal weight, by using MFP...eating healthy and doing some light exercises....Then after the split of my bf and I of 6 yrs (after having 2 kids together) I went through a depression period and gained back about 12 pounds....Now for my own health reasons and wanting to look good Ive started power 90 (mind u I HATE working out to a dvd program, but this one i dont mind) and eating healthy and I'm now back on track because I want to do something good and special enough for myself :) so in total from the beginnning which was about 8-9months i've only lost 17 lbs, but I've gone back and forth as well with all the curveballs I've been gettin from life....and to be honest I'm finding power 90 to be the most effective,if not "weight" wise, muscle definition wise and toning up
  • karrieatscrayons
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight since the beginning of February. I've been making small changes and I've only lost 4 pounds so far. :(
    But I just joined the website today.
  • msteresa87
    Options
    4 pounds is better than nothing as they say. It takes time to lose the weight you want. Just keep it up and you'll get there before too long.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    First off, you are doing great. So much of this is taking the first step. Over the course of joining Mfp I have lost almost 45 lbs. Logging what you eat is your biggest ally :)
    when I first started, I ate low fat and kept my calories in line with what my fitness pal recommended. I also started working out 3-4 times a week. Before I knew it, I was training for my first marathon and now I love the feeling that the combination of healthy eating and exercise gives me . The skys the limit- good luck
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Joined in Feb. lost 11 lbs. by not eating so much and walking a lot.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Last year I joined MFP and lost 30 lbs... then a series of crappy things happened and I made excuses for myself and ate bad and didn't exercise and gained back 20 of those pounds. I rejoined MFP in February and have lost 13 lbs.
    So - I've lost 23 lbs so far, in weight.
    But I've lost so much more... I've lost some bad habits, fear of the unknown, a bad attitude and a ton of guilt. Eating right and exercise has totally given me a new lease on life.
    Honestly - those of you who aren't exercising... you're missing out on an incredible part of the journey!
    At 286 lbs when I started I was SURE that my body was failing me... but within a week or two I could walk 2 miles on my treadmill at a pretty fast clip. Now... at 262, I'm amazed that I can walk/jog for 3 miles! The sense of accomplishment at being active and the way my muscles feel is worth every minute! For exercise I walk on my treadmill, play Wii Fit and find other active things to do - practice baseball with my son, roller skate (not well), run around with my dogs and yes.... clean my house. I have a HRM so I strap it on when I clean my house and try to keep my heart rate up.
    As far as eating... it's totally changed. We've gone from a family that ate out several nights a week and when we cooked in it was generally something served with lots of cheese and sour cream. Nowadays we eat lots of salads, lots of veggies (LOTS), and more whole foods. I don't use much that comes out of a can because I'm also watching our sodium content. My WHOLE family has benefited from my decision to get healthier - my son is watching what he's eating (not calories - just good fuel) and my husband is much more conscious of his eating habits now too.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I was 195 when I started, too. As of this morning's weigh-in, I've lost 14 pounds. I've lost it with a combination of diet, exercise, and improved overall habits, but I knew when I started that changing all three at once would make me give up. So first, I made it my goal to get in the habit of logging all my calories, every day, and exercise when I could. Then I started keeping track of my sleep and water, trying to get eight hours and eight glasses of each daily. (To be honest, the extra sleep has helped a LOT) And now I'm trying to get at least 20 minutes of exercise every day. This is the first week I've met that goal, and after 2 weeks of losing nothing, I lost 2.5 pounds, so I'm going to go ahead and say that the whole picture is very important.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I didn't lose much my first month (November) but felt the inches melting away. My pants were looser especially in the rear and leg area. I joined MFP in January. Since November, I've lost 20 pounds. I love the exercise part. I actually miss it when I take days off now. I went from doing aerobics 120 minutes per week to doing Running/walking 120 minutes week, aerobics 60 minutes per week, weight training 20 minutes per week, pilates 30 minutes per week, and yoga 40 minutes per week. Even though I've only lost 20 pounds, I'm wearing my old size 8 clothes and I have definite muscle definition in my belly, butt, legs, and arms. I know that my weight would be less if I didn't have the muscle, but I wouldn't look as good or feel as good as I do right now.
  • onehealthymomma07
    Options
    what u do leads and sets an example that brings tears to my eyes. im going through that with my 9 year old she is out on her scooter and using magazines to get right poses and she does walkfit video for 20 mins and it just tells me every thing i do is by example and kids do pick up on it . she isnt very heavy 80 lbs at 9 but over 4ft2 inches. just to know my example is helping my child makes me want to cry in happiness. so what i do is really benefical. i guess overjoyed is the word
  • dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've lost 47 pounds and over halfway there. Upping the frequency and intensity of exercise and really finding something you LOVE to do while burning calories is half the key. The other half of the key for me was paying attention to nutrition by logging food and just eating better quality food. Good luck!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is doing great! Being here and being aware of what you are eating is a huge thing! You must get in some form of exercise that will get your heart rate up and keep it up for at least 30 mins 3 times a week, that really should be the least that you do. ( And I dont think sweeping the floor counts as this . you need to do something you normally dont do, that is the key!)

I have lost 157 pounds so far, with 24 more to go . No, i didnt have surgery , in case anyone is wondering at this moment, I did it right here, on MFP, logging all my calories and all my exercise, and being aware of what everything does to my body.

Good luck to you!!:flowerforyou:

Tami
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I joined Jan 2009 but worked on losing weight before that in Jan 2008 and lost 35 lbs then joined got up to 46 lbs lost then may last year my uncle died life spirled out for quite long time. I am at 29 lbs lost so i gained 17 lbs that I had lost but been back on track since last week and going for my goal of 120 was 3 lbs away from that last time.
  • sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i have lost 57 # since end of july 09, 7 # before mfp. counting calories and drinking LOTS AND LOTS of water. 1 or 2 times a week
    i drink water with water with fresh lemon juice concentrate which helps with water weight. have not been able to exercise because of bad knees. just had surgery to replace knee not been logging but food have been watching what i eat and have still lost another 1.5. if i can do it i know others can. good luck to all we all have to find what works for us as individuals:flowerforyou: .
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I have lost a stone, and I have done it by sticking to my calorie goal and doing my exercise goal + a bit. I drink lots of water and I am not cheating at ALL on entering everything I eat and drink, no point in lying to MFP, as the only person who loses out is me.

I have friends who go to WW or Slimming World and don't eat all day before a weigh in, how mad is that? They are paying to be weighed and then cheating themselves! doh!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70lbs in total since September 2008--11lbs of that is since joining MFP the beginning of January 2010.

I lost it all the same way, though (counting calories, aiming for 1500cal daily (+ extra from exercise, yay!), healthy lifestyle choices, moderate exercise), except MFP is far easier for tracking calories than the old pen and notebook I was using last year.

Good luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!