Zumba

Options
How come it in not listed in the Exercise? How do I calculate calories burned from a 55 minute class?

Replies

• attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think it's not there because it's hard to give a broad calculation for something like that. You can use this Zumba calculator and add it in yourself! http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I used the aerobics option, since it's really an aerobics class.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I just got a Zumba Wii game and was wondering that myself. If I'm going to get my but kicked I want to be able to log it right!
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The only true way to calculate the calories burned is to invest in a heart monitor, preferably one with a chest strap. Each individual is different so no two people are going to burn the same amount of calories.

Then when you log it you can log it under cardiovascular and add your time and calories burned that way.
  • ZUMBAMomma84
    Options
    I googled zumba calories burned and used the calculator I found to figure out how many cals I burned in a 45 minute class. I use that each time when I log the class.
  • JROC151
    Options
    May I add to this question lol? I just purchased Zumba Fitness 2 on the Wii system, How can I better myself at Zumba? Iam horrible with dance coordination LOL. Tips to get better?
  • EWilliamson
    EWilliamson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Get a fitbit :) I loooooooooove mine! I use it at Zumba and love that it tells me how many calories I burned. I did 60 min class last night and burned 487! Ask for a FitBit for Christmas ;):)
  • chigau_me
    Options
    my zumba instructor says that it's an average of 400 calories in 45 mins, depends on hard you try of course and on you weight. there are some online calculators that you can use
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    You really have to get some kind of monitor. I have varied from 560 calories to almost 900 depending on the intensity of the my workout. One night I did 758. 2 nights later it was only 569.
  • mistyqueenof2
    Options
    Iwas wondering the same thing. Bc i got the wii games and the new ones too. SO good to know !! Thanks Ladies!! Any body can add me !!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Iwas wondering the same thing. Bc i got the wii games and the new ones too. SO good to know !! Thanks Ladies!! Any body can add me !!

From what I did today my heart rate monitor was less than 50 calories off the Wii calorie amount.
  • babyface26
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the repsonses! Off to use the calculator and put FitBit on my wish list!

I love Zumba too, sometimes I am not that great at the coordiantion but FREESTYLE burns just as many calories as long as you keep moving!:smile:
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    you could invest in a heart rate monitor and remove all doubt. ;-)
    (I use the zumba calculator mentioned above)