When you say you lift weights, do you mean...??

When you say you lift weights, do you mean you use a barbell, bench and weights? Or do some people lift weights by using arm weights, kettleballs, ect.

How do YOU lift?

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    plate loaded barbells, benches, power rack, pull up bar

leg press and seated calf press for calves
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Yes
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    I pick things up, and I put things down.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    I have a barbell and dumbbells I add plates to them
  • I use 8 pound hand weights! :smile:
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    i use free weights, machines, bar anything with weigh and i lift it.
  • Barbells, dumbells, machines, body-weight exercises.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Barbells, dumbells, machines, body-weight exercises.

This!!!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    I pick things up, and I put things down.

and this!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    bench and machine related, dumb bells
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    I have 6.6 pound weights and a stability ball!!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member

leg press

brah...SMH
  • FullOfWin

leg press

brah...SMH

For calves I said!
  • n0ob

leg press

brah...SMH

For calves I said!

thanks for the clarification...fair enough.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    I actually use resistance bands for strength training.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    I *just* started lifting so I'm weak like a kitten. Therefore I use dumbbells because for me, a 25lb dumbbell in each hand is easier than trying to muscle my way into where the bars are...Sometimes I use a machine because I'm not graceful and with things like shoulder press I'm going to drop something on my head. At some point I will progress to wear dumbbells are too unweildy an dI will switch to bars/plates/machines but for now this is where I am. It's much easier to do a squat holding 25lb dumbbells then to find the squat rack and figure out if I can go low enough with it.
  • FullOfWin

leg press

brah...SMH

For calves I said!

np brah. although i admit that back when i was at around 580lbs or so some guy was messing with me about how much weight I was putting on so I leg pressed it for him 3 times at which point my temples started to hurt causing me to decide to stop ;)
  • n0ob

leg press

brah...SMH

For calves I said!

np brah. although i admit that back when i was at around 580lbs or so some guy was messing with me about how much weight I was putting on so I leg pressed it for him 3 times at which point my temples started to hurt causing me to decide to stop ;)

Back when I was younger and could get away with stupid **** like this, I'd do 3x8 on LP after doing squats. At my peak I would have to load plates on both of the extra racks on my LP machine. I had to confiscate every plate in the area. Now, my knees would probably snap and I'd projectile vomit even trying to do LP after squats.
  • FullOfWin

leg press

brah...SMH

For calves I said!

Back when I was younger and could get away with stupid **** like this, I'd do 3x8 on LP after doing squats. At my peak I would have to load plates on both of the extra racks on my LP machine. I had to confiscate every plate in the area. Now, my knees would probably snap and I'd projectile vomit even trying to do LP after squats.

Hah you are younger than me right now! But yeah 580 isn't really that much on LP. The 800+ or so you could do would be a different story.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I've got limited space, so I don't have a bench or barbells. I use hand weights up to 25 pounds and body weight. I also have a pull up bar that fits in my doorway.