OH NO! I've been eating 2,000 cals a day......

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I did that for a while *not trying to* and went from 149 to 155. :( Great job but it's not for everyone.

I call training on this one.
    It's not the food its the routine.
  • abirkel
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Excellent results, and great attitude to hold on through a time where perhaps you might have desired to see more movement on that one little thing on the floor, rather than movement on you.

Hard concept to wrap mind around since it's many times the visual that is the slap on the face to do something, but then it's sadly the scale where progress is measured.

Still wish you could make your own ticker for bodyfat%, or inches, or deadlift, ect.
  • CakeyBakey
    CakeyBakey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing work, well done.You look fantastic and, more to the point, HEALTHY. And thanks for posting, stories like this are so inspiring. MFP had me at 1320, I wasn't eating back my exercise cals and I felt terrible - a hungry, miserable b*tch. Now I have energy...and I only discovered IPOARM a week ago! Hoping to post my own success story on here one day :happy:
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    OH NO! You poor girl. It looks like you have lost inches! Seriously, the road map is awesome and so are you! Looking great!!!

Yeah just a few....like 30" difference from pix 1 to 2! Definitely making healthy choices most of the time, but I sure do eat half of a pizza once a week on pizza night and even eat ice cream too (measured out with my digital scale). I eat with sense, I live life. This, I can do forever.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words!

Are you serious???? 30 inches? Now I am absolutely in awe! You are just wonderful!

Ha Ha! Seriously, about 30 inches. Here are my measurements from just before I started IPOARM (in the first picture) and from about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I've lost 2.5 lbs since these were measurements taken, but I haven't gotten out the measuring tape to update. I'm 171 lbs but at what is considered "acceptable" BF% of 26.2%.

8/1/2012
    > 11/8/2012
    Bust - 40.5
    > 36.75 = 3.75
    Chest - 35
    > 30.75 = 4.25
    Hips - 44.5
    > 38.25 = 6.25
    Waist - 32.5
    > 28.75 = 3.75
    L thigh - 28
    > 25 = 3
    R thigh - 27.75
    >25 = 2.75
    L arm - 14
    >12.75 = 1.25
    R arm - 14.5
    >13 = 1.5
    L calf - 18.5
    > 17 = 1.5
    R calf - 18.25
    > 17 = 1.25
    Total Inches Lost = 29.25
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Sure can be done..People soon will realize it is what calories you are putting in instead of the amount.....I Love it and you look great....
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    well of course you can eat a **** ton of calories if you put in the exercise. Thats not surreal. Surreal would be eating 2000 calories and sitting on your *kitten* all day and still not gain weight.
  • MisFitMom219
    MisFitMom219 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    AWESOME POST!!!!!!!!!!

Great Job!!!! I always wonder how people eat any less!? :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump so I can read later !!
  • famuchic
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this. I try and tell people this all the time!! And we're the same height so I just got a glimpse of what i could look like lol.

Thanks!
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love to see people losing weight while eating over 1500 calories a day... too many mfp'ers think they need to starve to lose weight...

Great job on your progress!! :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    OP, do you know your net calorie consumption?
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Whoo! Just chiming in to high five you for your awesome post. WTG, mama!
  • kbogart1996
    kbogart1996 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Pretty good result.
    I want to get into some sort of weight training, but supposedly, you need a spotter or somesuch to deal with lifting heavy, which puts me off, and also have no idea where to start beyond the book often mentioned 'nrolfw'.

This far, I have only started lifting 3kg weights as suggested by my ex trainer, and finding those hard enough, lol when repeated in 3 sets of 10 reps.

That said, I workout 5-6 days a week doing an hour of interval training on all those days, and some resistance/bodyweight exercises on 3 of the days too, and I can eat from 1700-2300 calories, which I try to keep relatively nutritious and healthy, with a more relaxed attitude at the weekend where I might have a veggie pie for dinner, and a muffin or some milk chocolate, or a starbucks treat. Eating 1200 calories, even if it meant being able to sit on my bum all day, just wouldn't work for me as I enjoy food and food also helps keep the body and mind balanced.
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. I am going to make it a point to get my weight lifting every time I am at the gym. I like that we are adding more exercises so it doesn't get boring. Thanks for posting!! You look fabulous!!
  • jfrankic
    Options
    OP, do you know your net calorie consumption?

Insanity typically burned around 300-400 calories a workout during the first month, more than that the second month because of intensity and duration. This is when I upped my calories by 100 or so per day. The most intense day, I netted below my BMR. I asked Dan (IPOARM master) and he put it like this....think of your rest day(s) like going to the gas station and topping off the tank. So, I ate at the same amount every day, regardless of my workout or lack of.

For the past three weeks, I've been netting 1850 a day, and averaging a 2,000 daily calorie intake.

IPOARM (and the Insanity diet plan) base calorie intake on TDEE. If you calculate TDEE correctly, your workouts are taken into consideration, so you don't "eat back" exercise calories. Your daily net fluctuates every day based on your activity.
  • jfrankic
    Options
    Pretty good result.
    I want to get into some sort of weight training, but supposedly, you need a spotter or somesuch to deal with lifting heavy, which puts me off, and also have no idea where to start beyond the book often mentioned 'nrolfw'.

Check out New Rules of Lifting For Women. As long as you have a gym with a squat rack, you shouldn't need a spotter. The book also has modified moves. I lift alone, as do most of the ladies I've encountered on the NROLFW board. I put my headphones on, zone out and do it alone! It's my time away from the chaos of my life as a working mom. If you can get a trainer at the gym to go over the first moves with you, any adjustments could be made then if you felt it necessary. I'm not the source for lifting though, as I'm still new to the heavy lifting game.
  • tbellamy1
    Options
    That is the way to go!!!
  • jeannettarodgers
    jeannettarodgers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    *kitten* YES! Thats what Im talking about! Eat people!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!