Trying to lose 6kg in 2 months

Options
The title pretty much says it all :)

In terms of exercise: I'm trying to follow the Insanity program. I've tried this before, got through 2 weeks and had to stop because of work commitments. I've restarted and today was my last workout of the first week. I feel like I'm giving more to the workout this time round than the first time.

In terms of diet: I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian with an awful diet! I am out of the house 12-14 hours a day and am always on the go. During this time, I'm always around clients and rarely manage to stop for a meal or even a snack. I leave home at 7.30am and don't get back till at least 7.30pm, on a good day. Once I'm home I am absolutely starving and usually eat the quickest thing available, probably a carb loaded meal such as pasta.

I'm going to try waking up a bit earlier to fit in breakfast, and possibly trying to prepare packed lunches to sneak a bite in every now and again. I'm on a very low budget so any suggestions for quick, simple food would be much appreciated.

Anyone else wanting to join this challenge, feel free - I could do with some weight loss buddies!

Replies

• llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    You're too tired because you're not eating at the right times, or enough.
    Also exercising (in addition to your normal running around) will boost the stamina you're lacking.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising heavily and you're not eating a balanced diet with enough protein you won't lose much weight. (I've been in this situation while doing a very low calorie kickstart diet alongside a boot camp and this is what the trainer told me - the veggie diet meant a lack of protein.)

So to make this work you're going to need to make time to eat and not just fruit or dried fruit snacks, although that will help a lot to keep you going during the day. Breakfast and lunch are essential plus it might help to take vitamins even if you're eating more.

The thing with being on a low budget is you can do it but you'll need to plan. Buy food at the weekend, make sandwiches (or whatever you can take for lunch) the night before so you can grab them in the morning. A bowl of cereal takes 10 mins to eat and a smoothie (make it the night before) can be kept in the fridge, drunk in 10mins or taken with you. A simple smoothie of half a mango blended with a glass of orange juice takes two mins to make and is really filling.

Much sympathy, it really is hard to find the mental energy to plan your diet and exercise when you're working such long hours - I didn't manage to start on MFP till I left my job. Good luck!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you have to lose, this goal is possible but you will need to make time to eat throughout the day, breakfast for sure and at least a snack and lunch during your day will help keep your metabolism going through the day and ensure that you don't gorge on food when you get home. Ensure that you eat enough calories...make sure goal is set to 0.5-1.0 lbs per week on MFP and eat back half of your exercise calories every day. I did this for the first 2 months and lost 12 lbs and then upped my calories using Scooby's workshop website to 1500 calories a day while working out 3 days per week plus walks.

Good luck, stick with it and remember that consistency is key :)
    PS remember to take your measurements as this can tell you more than a scale.
  • s89s
    s89s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone, definitely going to take it on board :)
  • whipa494
    whipa494 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you are out for long periods of time and don't find time to eat have you thought about intermittent fasting? That may work better with your schedule. :)
  • s89s
    Options
    From what I've heard about intermittent fasting (BBC documentary) it's alternate days of fasting with a 500 calorie intake on those days. Is that correct? I tried that for a period of time, well, fasting in general (dinner only) which for the most part was quite good, but some days I'd eat an entire day's worth of calories in one sitting - probably not the best idea!
  • whipa494
    whipa494 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think there's heaps of different ways of doing it. I've never tried it because i'm one of those people that loves breakfast! :)
    But some people just have a certain window each day where they eat all their calories. Maybe between 2-8 pm or something. Apparently there's nothing wrong with eating all your calories in a shorter space of time so long as you aren't going over your calories in the day.
  • s89s
    Options
    Ok great, thanks :)

Haven't been sticking to my calorie intake for the past few days (urgh). Time to up the exercise and stop feasting on toast!