Why do SUV drivers feel so entitled to...

Options
DRIVE SO FAST! And ride your bumper (aka redass) you if you have the audacity to *gasp* drive the speed limit? I have to drive the SL b/c I"ve already received 2 tickets ($300 each), soooo I really cannot afford to speed up. What gives these people the right to be the "bullies" of the road? There are 3 other LANES for them to proceed recklessly in. Must they stay in the right lane and harass everyone? I can't wait until one of them hits me, I'm so going to get a new car at their expense!

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    has 2 thumbs and drives an avalanche the speed limit.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Drives speed limit, also drives a Jeep
  • n0ob
    Options
    DRIVE SO FAST! And ride your bumper (aka redass) you if you have the audacity to *gasp* drive the speed limit? I have to drive the SL b/c I"ve already received 2 tickets ($300 each), soooo I really cannot afford to speed up. What gives these people the right to be the "bullies" of the road? There are 3 other LANES for them to proceed recklessly in. Must they stay in the right lane and harass everyone? I can't wait until one of them hits me, I'm so going to get a new car at their expense!

you're not from D/FW are you?
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

If there are three other lanes than I would assume you're on a highway. If they are riding your *kitten*, you're probably in the fast lane. GTFO of the fast lane.

That's what it means when someone rides your *kitten* here anyways...
  • RubyRed8067
    Options

No, and will n e v e r drive in Dallas again.
  • Dub_D
    Options
    Also.. a nice trick if someone is riding your *kitten*, drive onto the side road a bit where all the rocks are and it will spit them at their car. They will back off pretty fast.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options

If there are three other lanes than I would assume you're on a highway. If they are riding your *kitten*, you're probably in the fast lane. GTFO of the fast lane.

Dani, the "right lane" is the "slow lane".
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    14jc10o.gif
  • Dub_D
    Options

Dani, the "right lane" is the "slow lane".

well then refer to my second comment :happy:
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options

Looks to me like SOMEONE is suffering from little car syndrome!
  • n0ob
    Options
    on 3 lane highways usually the center lane is the slow lane. The right lane is for passing whle avoiding people passing on the left...
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Jeep and Bronco owner....my need for speed is fulfilled by wearing a skullcap, leathers, and flipping off the cops as I ride by 20+
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    Also.. a nice trick if someone is riding your *kitten*, drive onto the side road a bit where all the rocks are and it will spit them at their car. They will back off pretty fast.

Or you can open a sunroof (if you have one) and flick pennies out of it so it hits their windshield.
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i drive an SUV and never tailgate my husband drives an old Camry and tailgates all the time....has nothing to do with the car but you probably only notice the larger cars riding your *kitten*
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Says the person with two tickets already lol
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

Hahahaha and here I was thinking Dallas was fantastic after driving in Houston.
  • n0ob
    Options

Hahahaha and here I was thinking Dallas was fantastic after driving in Houston.

Houston traffic is more idiots in trucks...DFW is yuppies in SUV's
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    on 3 lane highways usually the center lane is the slow lane. The right lane is for passing whle avoiding people passing on the left...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTU-ghICbmkDVuPdXVIC96pPB_yFbGjAlyV502SyI9cLSUtbdHFQ

EDIT: not sure where you live, but you will get a ticket if you pass on the right here.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I like choosing that moment to turn on my windshield wipers, with spraying fluid :bigsmile: :devil:
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Or you can open a sunroof (if you have one) and flick pennies out of it so it hits their windshield.

I like to turn on my windshield wipers for a quick high-speed washing. It always works on the freeway/highway to get cars to back off my *kitten*.