Thigh gaps...are they really that important?

Options

Replies

• RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I don't have them and probably never will. I have big hips and even though I have already lost some inches in that area, I will probably never have thigh gaps. And I'm ok with it! If I can have a flat stomach and tonned legs, I AM HAPPY!
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I love when I get to use this.

vYAya.jpg

I love collar bones, but the other pictures are too anorexic looking. I don't think thigh gaps are that attractive, the only plus for me would be saving the material on my pants in between my thighs...not having them get worn or pilled so easily.:tongue:
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    i read somewhere on a random thread (def not here lol) that having your thighs touch makes your vajayjay warmer. i have no idea if this is true or not, but it kind of makes sense lol.

Yes but you don't want an overheated foofoo.Might cause a bushfire :noway:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    i read somewhere on a random thread (def not here lol) that having your thighs touch makes your vajayjay warmer. i have no idea if this is true or not, but it kind of makes sense lol.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Only one way to find out, let me take your tempature

That is some dirty talk right there!
    I prefer to call them chin rests....not thigh gaps.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    To me, they look nice :)

It really depends on the person. Some people care, some don't, some don't know what that is, etc.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    No. They're not an indictor of health, beauty, or anything other than that genetics dictated you have slim thighs and a wide set pelvis.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I don't have them and probably never will. I have big hips and even though I have already lost some inches in that area, I will probably never have thigh gaps. And I'm ok with it! If I can have a flat stomach and tonned legs, I AM HAPPY!

Makes complete sense to me!!! I have lost many inches there and still will never have a gap. I'm ok with it!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    To me, the only important 'thigh gaps' are the ones that create two legs and privates, as opposed to no 'gap' and no privates. *shrug*
  • GretchenReine
    Options

vYAya.jpg

I love collar bones, but the other pictures are too anorexic looking. I don't think thigh gaps are that attractive, the only plus for me would be saving the material on my pants in between my thighs...not having them get worn or pilled so easily.:tongue:

You don't necessarily need a gap to save the material!!! I don't have a gap (and never will) but I'll lost enough inches that my legs don't rub and cause forest fires when I walk. My pantyhose are no longer disposable...they last quite a while. LOL
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

:laugh: I hadn't read that but it certainly makes sense!

haha it really does! and i think that's a good thing too lol! but anyways, as long as your legs are toned, don't worry if they're gappy or not! toned, imo, is much better than having a gap!
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 240lbs and if i stand with an arched back legs slightly apart I have a gap lol. so i'm guessing and hoping it will be more prominent when I lose all the excess weight
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options

vYAya.jpg

LMAO!!! Love it!!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    BOqhH.gif

Ron Swanson Gif. You win this round!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    vajayjay
    Do you mean "vagina"?
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    vYAya.jpg
    [/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love this
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The only thigh gap I care about is the one that I had help with on Friday. And if done right, it's VERY important.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    ehhh, some like, some don't.

IMG_8791.jpg
  • GretchenReine
    Options

:laugh: I hadn't read that but it certainly makes sense!

haha it really does! and i think that's a good thing too lol! but anyways, as long as your legs are toned, don't worry if they're gappy or not! toned, imo, is much better than having a gap!

Oh my legs are way toned...you just can't see it because of all of that fat! LOL
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It is amazing I lived for 48 years and never heard of a thigh gap till I came to MFP.

That is how important a Thigh Gap is most people have never heard of them