Jillian Michaels YOGA MELTDOWN

Options
2»

Replies

• MommaBelvin
    MommaBelvin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Another question is, how do you log it? Yoga, circuit, cardio?

i log it in under yoga . . . :)
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just started this DVD two days ago, and it totally kicked my *kitten*. I've already completed Jillian's 30 Day Shred, and am about 3 weeks into Ripped in 30, so I've grown used to circuit training, but holding these poses is killer! The Chaturanga push ups are especially difficult, since my arms need a lot more strength work.

I'm sticking with it, because it really works my arms well. I find that fat really likes to cling to my triceps (above all, this is my BIGGEST trouble area--I have a bit of a bat wing problem), and while her circuit training videos have helped slim my arms, I think this will really do the trick with toning them because so many of the poses work shoulders and triceps.

So if anyone is on the fence with this, I do highly recommend it! But it is a challenge (something you'll discover within the first 10 minutes), and it's something you have to stick with through the whole 30 minutes. It will make you very uncomfortable, but the feeling at the end is worth it. :)
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    It will make you very uncomfortable, but the feeling at the end is worth it. :)
    "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!"
  • jsilky
    jsilky Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I was to start one of the JM 30 shred or ripped in 30 which should I do first? Does/would it really matter? And should I do cardio and one of the DVD's. I am also going to try to do the yoga meltdown a couple times a week.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    If I was to start one of the JM 30 shred or ripped in 30 which should I do first? Does/would it really matter? And should I do cardio and one of the DVD's. I am also going to try to do the yoga meltdown a couple times a week.
    I would say start with 30DS and just do that while you get used to it if you aren't very fit and haven't been working out. It really helped prepare me for more intense workouts and I had excellent results from doing only 30DS six days a week and taking 1 rest day (and watching the calories as well, of course).
  • trinak1
    trinak1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate Jillian Michaels while I'm doing her DVD's but love her afterward :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate Jillian Michaels while I'm doing her DVD's but love her afterward :)

OMG yes ! LOL

also I feel like she is in the room with me and I am suprised but happy with myself for not slacking off, I do have a 5 sec pause here & there

I think I will do yoga meltdown after 30DS and maybe rotate it with one of her other ones
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    If I did this every day and some running or cycling would that be enough to lose some weight?