Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's 3/19 wk 12

Options
kelly_a
kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
Lose, gain or stay the same, you're all still SHGP's!! Have a great Friday team!!

Replies

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

I'm not weighing in today. I think it would only serve to depress me. My eating has been out of control. I finally asked myself last night why I'm creating more work for myself. It just isn't worth it. I will be weighing in Sunday morning to kick off the flat bell diet. We are eating out a lot this weekend. I'm sure if I did get on the scale this morning, I'd be even more upset when I weigh in Sunday to see how much eating out has added. I'll be weighing in daily after Sunday because cccording to their research, people who weigh themselves everyday lose more weight. We'll see. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I'll post Sunday's weight and then next Friday I'll be back to posting my weight as usual. I'll be putting the daily weigh ins in the blog.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! I'm not sure how much I'll be around until Sunday.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hey Crystal....I totally understand how you are feeling.....I just want to know why this happens to us. I know it is mental, but what bothers me the most is how unpredictable it is.....and even more discouraging for me is why I have not learned how to cope with it...going on 15 yrs now. :ohwell: I pretty much weigh daily, and for the most part, it has kept me focused...and the reason being is that b/c it definitely reflects how I'm doing with my diet or exercise. If I stick to my plan most of the time...and well, the monthly cycle is understandable....that number keeps me accountable. kinda sounds obsessive, but it's just the way I am. I am so excited for you starting this FBD on Sunday. Can't wait to see how it goes for you....maybe you'll have another pepper right there with ya! Enjoy your weekend. It's just a couple days...it's not the whole year or your entire life!

ok, so the scale is showing how much damage I have done....I am at one-hundred-ninety-nine-point-six. 199.6. dang, that bites....and burns. that is up 4 I think.... :noway: not clean, not exercising. what did I expect. My birthday week has been way off kilter. Can't blame it on that...but I am letting things stress me...and I need to just face it and move on. Some things I just cannot, ever change. But, I can change ME.

Spring is here, and summer is just around the corner. I had so many goals to reach. Not sure if the goal setting is what is sabotaging me. I think I have better luck with just planning my meals and letting life happen. When I get to that healthy and much happier weight I will be working on maintaining that wt. That looks like stress too. I think I am just gonna stick with Jacque's theory and take one day at a time.....but get them meals planned and prepped ahead as much as I can. THAT is doable! If I take care of me, then everything else should fall into place. 'If mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy'!:bigsmile:

SO, heading to the city for a hair chop and then back home to clean this pit that I call home!
    Love you all team! Have a great weekend and I'll check in again later!
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Hey all!!
    I so know what you mean crystal, this slump is getting all of us I think. Well I am up also to 249. So that sucks major beep. Well that being said I will be starting on Sunday a walking program I did befor that really helps. A friend of mine started a work out program 2 months age and she said all she did was focus on the work outs. She did not change her eating habits until she been doing the program for 2 months. Then she started eating clean and she had done wonderful. So that is my plan starting Sunday. hope you all have a good weekend!!!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    Did good yesterday, stayed under calories. I had no gain/no loss still 198. I am off the second job for the next 3 days. I have been walking and will do my shred this week end. I had to get out of the funk. Now the nice weather is here I am taking full advantage and getting as much exercise as I can. I will start off by doing my walks again on lunch and drinking lots of water. I have been drinking this green tea called Ballerina Tea for dieters, it is all natural. Seams to be doing what it says it does. (very regular) :laugh:

Well back to work. Have a great day will check back in. :bigsmile:
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Kelly, I'd love to have another Pepper do this with me. The 1st 4 days will probably be pretty hard!! I'm really not looking forward to trying the sassy water. I like my water plain usually. Adding all that stuff to it just doesn't appeal to me.

Jacque, your friend's plan is great. Small steps are the best way to go. I take some comfort in the fact that "out of control" doesn't mean the same thing it did 13 months ago. I think it's because I didn't try to make a bunch of huge, drastic changes. I'll probably always struggle with "out of control" binging. I just hope that in another year I can say that it is better then than it is today.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey all sorry tath I havnt ben on here, been out of the house, and I can log my fod in on my phone but conversing is a different process:(
    Any how exercised 3 TIMES yesterday! I went to the gym for 1 hour, went for a mile walk after and went to curves for 30 mins. i think this will be my new trend:) I felt EMPOWERED which is something that is not felt around here:) LOL
    anyhow I will not be weighing myself today as I know that it would not reflect any work, and only show the mexican food that I ate on the 17th for my daughters birthday!
    I will write more on this day later:) GOOD LUCK to everyone!

COME ON PEPPERS LETS MAKE THEM SWEAT!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Hey Gang...

just a quick hi...got my hair cut..now why does that always make me feel better? guess I should go more often, and not let it get so shaggy! not even sure when the last time was...pry Jan?

Jacque...ya know I was thinking that same thing. Ok, I started exercising ( what I thought was exercise!) when I was 30...my NON-aerobic stretch and tone tape...and then I would take the hospital stairs (8 floors up) all day long at my job. That was it. And that was while on Jenny Craig and I lost 34 lbs, and dropped 3 sizes. So, I became more consistent with exercise in my late 30's...walking, jogging, lifting wts....and wow, it totally made me FEEL better! I agree with what your friend said....if you have not been doing anything, doing something vs nothing is definitely going to show results. I have always said exercise is what re-shapes your body, transforms you, trims you, tones you and so on. I mean, you can still eat food, any food and you're gonna burn calories if you exercise with a good effort. I would like to just make it more of a habit with this whole change...and activity is what I resist. I know how important it is to get your heart rate up and in that zone for X amount of minutes. I swear sometimes exercise is more important than the diet. So, anyway, good for you! Sounds like a plan! Yay YOU!

Cindy ~ Sounds like you are doing good there girl! Just keep at it! Enjoy your extra freedom this weekend!

Erica ~ good to hear from ya toots! You was a powerhouse yesterday! Go VITA!! your dd and I share bday? 3/17..she a leprechaun too? :wink:

Crystal ~ yes, I think we all need to realize that we *have* made changes...and remind ourselves that we are moving in the right direction....no matter how slow the race is. How tough is the 4 day jump start? don't tell me they omit fruits...? I gottta have my daily banana!! :tongue:

Well, sounds like many of us are ready to tackle the bulge again and get serious. Kinda strange how we all hit this bump in the road at the same time....someone must have come in here and dumped some pesticides on the pepper's...:bigsmile:

Go SHGP's! Make each day count! I believe in you and I know you are all capable of success! Go after it! :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Crystal ~ yes, I think we all need to realize that we *have* made changes...and remind ourselves that we are moving in the right direction....no matter how slow the race is. How tough is the 4 day jump start? don't tell me they omit fruits...? I gottta have my daily banana!! :tongue:

I don't think so. It is a pretty balance diet, so I'm pretty sure it is a little bit of everything. I left the book at home this morning and I've been kicking myself for it all day. I'll have to let you know for sure later.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good morning Pepper's,
    Ok dont feel as bad. Looks like everyone was busy this week end. Still going strong. This is going to be a very busy week. With Mom's 65th birthday party on Sat. but working both jobs and getting party stuff done.

Well have a great day. will check back later.

Cindy:bigsmile:
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Friday and Saturday were awful!!! We were out to eat for dinner Friday and lunch and dinner Saturday. I was so puffy by bed time!! I felt awful!! Then I started my new diet yesterday. I weighed in yesterday morning at 215.4 (just to prove how bloated I twas, that was up almost 2 lbs). Today's daily weigh in, 212.8 which is down 2.6 lbs from yesterday. I guess this anit-bloat jump start works. Bye bye water!! I tried to follow their eating plan as best I could. My sunflower seeds disappeared from the pantry, so I had to subsitute almonds for those. DH & I took a nap and I slept through one of my meals so I didn't manage to get everything eaten until 9 last night. But, it wasn't as awful as I thought it might be. The Sassy Water isn't terrible, but I can't say I'll be drinking it much once this jump start it over. I really perfer my water plain. The only time I felt hungry was before breakfast. I wasn't really hungry when meal time came along the rest of the day, but that is their plan. So far, the jump start seems pleasant even if it is a bit bland.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Ok, it's Monday!! Let's have a healthy, calorie counting, butt kickin' sweaty, POSITIVE ** week** team!! I have been doing a lot of reading since last Friday to help me get motivated....and today, well, I am much better. Have all my meals planned out and gonna try hard for a clean day!

Cindy ~ hope you have a good week and the bday for your mom is fun!:flowerforyou:

Crystal!! WOW! Are you pumped or what? That is awesome!! I am tempted to check out the book from a local library. One of the things I noticed when I started eating clean was the taste of food. How strong some things actually were, and better. I craved the bitterness that broccoli has! weird! And, the biggest one, was salt! Eating clean is basically very low salt, and now it really bothers me when I have something that is too salty. I notice it, but no one else does. It is almost like an overhaul for your taste buds and a brand new tongue! I think when we eat processed food it masks the true flavor real food has!! I can't wait to hear your experience with this! I'm so excited for you!! :drinker: Are you blogging it?

I am hoping for a big water loss this week too, and hopefully just following the clean way will do it for me. I have been so bad for quite some time and just want to get rid of this bloated belly! :sick:

25* here this am, but the sun is shining!! :glasses: Gonna go on 45 minute outdoor power walk to clear my mind and get some fresh air! Want that stimulation!!

Have a great day gang and let's get smokin' hot! :bigsmile:
  • CrystalT
    Options
    Crystal!! WOW! Are you pumped or what? That is awesome!! I am tempted to check out the book from a local library. One of the things I noticed when I started eating clean was the taste of food. How strong some things actually were, and better. I craved the bitterness that broccoli has! weird! And, the biggest one, was salt! Eating clean is basically very low salt, and now it really bothers me when I have something that is too salty. I notice it, but no one else does. It is almost like an overhaul for your taste buds and a brand new tongue! I think when we eat processed food it masks the true flavor real food has!! I can't wait to hear your experience with this! I'm so excited for you!! :drinker: Are you blogging it?

I'm hoping that the jump start will help me get past some of my salt cravings. I'm a salt addict and I've managed to cut back some on my own. But since the Dr reduced my BP meds, I think it is even more important to monitor my salt. I imagine that after 4 days of very little sodium will help a lot to get me out of some bad habits. I also learned last night that I really like Mrs Dash. I never would try it before. I HAD to have the salt. I'm looking forward to trying some of the different flavors. I just got the regular to try.

I started a blog yesterday, but I never got to finish it. I'm probably just going to combine it with today's and post it later this evening. I want to try to post my blogs after I finish all the meals for the day. It just wasn't happening last night. It was very 11:30 before I got to bed anyway. I really enjoyed visiting with our friend that stayed the weekend, but it really killed my productivity!!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey all just running in to say HI! It has been a good start to a new week for me, I went to work out at the gym for an hour and a half this morning with the little monster and I am supposed to go to curves later on today . Eating a lot of VEGGIES:) and only veggiesLOL;) Ill check in later and read so that I can catch up on what everyone has been doing:)
  • kelly_a
    Options
    HI Erica!! Miss you hon!! Glad you made it to the gym for a nice workout!

I did a power walk. Kept my heart rate in the 'fat burning' zone/rate in 43/outta 48 minutes. Burned 383 cals!! YAY! All my eats have been clean so far...
  • jacque509
    Options
    So got up at 5:30 and walked, really was hard but felt so much better after. So gonna try and eat smart and then walk to the car tonight after work.
    Wow everyone been plugging away. So proud of everyone. I know I havent been on and I think thats part of the problem. So heres to a new day everyone~!~~~
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Mornin' SHGP's!! Where's everyone at?? :cry: Hope you are all doing ok and Spring is being good to you! It has been beautiful the last 2 days...even if the high is only in the 50's. Good walking weather!

Jacque~ good job on getting in the walk this am....just keep on plugging away...take it easy on the knee. Have a good eatin' day!

Well, I am doing good so far. Did my walk a little earlier today. Sometimes every outdoor walk = an awakening. It is usually helpful too. Today I kept asking myself, "What really works for me"? WHAT? I have decided ~~ planning and prioritizing = success. ~~ Setting *goals* has not. I think when I don't reach them, I feel like a failure and just give up and revert. I have made charts, graphs for wt loss goals, weekly/monthly goals, exercise plans, calorie plans...etc, etc, ETC. I have stacks of paperwork from ALL of this. Is it an obsession? IF so, how scary. I. Procrastinate. A LOT. I am doing something Crystal suggested, and that is putting all my food in the MFP/log the nite before...and that may even jump ahead to the week of! Wow, it has really helped me! ( at least this time :ohwell: ) It takes all of the guess work out of my day then....and I am getting more done in my day! YAY! SO, just wanted to share that w/ my pepper team. Almost like a new life for me! oh, and T/Y Crystal! :flowerforyou:

Not sure what my HRM was doing this time. It had my 'in zone' range a little higher than yesterday, and I think maybe that is determined when I first start out, and I might have started out too fast. Had a hard time keeping it in the fat-burn zone. Will have to read up on it.

So, have a great day my friends and make it count! Let's try hard and focus on what we need to do to lose wt! :bigsmile:
  • CrystalT
    Options
    I'm so very, very tired this morning. I keep hoping to snap out of it, but I can't. I really think that it has to do with the low calories the past few days. I guess 1,200 calories is just to low for me. Not surprising since MFP has me eating at least 1680!

I'm feeling a little more discouraged about the diet right now. I just don't know how managable it will be after the jump start. DH won't eat most of the food. I really hate not eating dinner together. Today makes the 3rd day in a row we haven't shared a single meal together. That just isn't like us. I think that I'm going to have to take some of their ideas and make them my own. I can handle most everything about the diet. I just hate not having that "family" dinner, even if we are just a family of 2. So, maybe I can follow the diet for all the meal except for dinner. Dinner would still fit in my calorie count, but it might not be one of their recipes.

Oh, weighed in today at 211.6. That is 1.2 lbs down from yesterday and 3.8 down total. It is mostly water, but I'll take it anyway. I'll admit it is motivating to see the scale go down that fast. I expect that I won't lose as much today or tomorrow. I'm guessing I might see 5 lbs gone after the jump start is over.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hey crystal.....I didn't realize it was 400 cals difference. Are you exercising too? anywhere near your cycle? ya know, only you know what your body needs. you have lost wt at 1600 cals, so if you have to follow that then so be it. I have gone as low as 1200, well, MFP had me there, but I had to really look at the goals section and see what I was inputting, errrors. I feel better when I have 1500-1600 a day. Are you used to eating a mid am snack and a mid afternoon snack? Do you know if anyone else has experienced this on the plan? With your energy being low, I hope your bp hasn't dipped also. Geez girl, don't get sick from this...:ohwell:

aawwww, that bums me that you aren't having meal time with your dh. that would upset me too. I say do what's best for you....you gotta be happy! take care! let us know how it's going....IF you gotta, EAT!

well, I washed all my house windows/outside and did some raking in the yard. my ds called me, and it has been since xmas since I have talked to her (we live bout 20 min apart!). i guess we are frosting cookies this weekend at my parents.....this will be a toughy....I love me some sugar cookies!! Easter is less than 2 weeks away. Will be goin 3 houses down from me to my aunt's (bio mom). I have to take a veggie and bread/rolls. Gonna search for some yummy/healthy ones....

don't forget BL tonite!
  • jacque509
    Options
    aghhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ate some M & M without even thinking
  • CrystalT
    Options
    hey crystal.....I didn't realize it was 400 cals difference. Are you exercising too? anywhere near your cycle? ya know, only you know what your body needs. you have lost wt at 1600 cals, so if you have to follow that then so be it. I have gone as low as 1200, well, MFP had me there, but I had to really look at the goals section and see what I was inputting, errrors. I feel better when I have 1500-1600 a day. Are you used to eating a mid am snack and a mid afternoon snack? Do you know if anyone else has experienced this on the plan? With your energy being low, I hope your bp hasn't dipped also. Geez girl, don't get sick from this...:ohwell:

I don't feel sick, just not engertic and my BP is doing fine. The 1,200 calories is only during the Jump Start. Tomorrow when I move to the regular diet, I'll be getting between 1,700-2,000 calories a day. The book gives a blanket 1,600 calories to women, but I signed up for a free trial of their webiste and it gives you a personalized calories recommendation. Considering they don't have you eat back exercise calories, I think that 1,700-2,000 is fair.

I did lost another 1.6 lbs this morning. I weighed in at 210. That is 5.4 lbs so far. After feeling this restricted, getting back to a regular healthy diet will be nice!! I can make it one more day!!