Overate and lost weight?

Options
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this same phenomenon, but I went on an eating binge this last week (4 days straight of real crappy eating, 4000 + calories/day) and did absolutely no working out or moving of any kind really, and somehow I lost 4 pounds since my weigh in last Monday morning. This has never happened to me before and I'm not sure why this is happening. Maybe my scale is broken or I lost a large portion of water weight during the night last night? If anything, I typically gain a few pounds after having an eating binge like the one I had last week. Any ideas?

Replies

• ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    maybe it hasnt caught up with you yet? how well were you doing before then? were you doing any "working out" as in cleaning, walking anywhere things like that?
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    You probably shocked your metabolism, but I wouldn't count on this happening too often. Eating like that you will gain weight, remember, everything in moderation right?
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    wow! Hey, don't question it! Just accept it and count your blessings!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Well, if you only weigh in once a week perhaps you had set yourself up for a drastic loss this week before the binge...? Maybe you really lost six pounds last week, only to gain two from the binge, and you just don't know because you didn't see it. It sounds unlikely, but hey- so does losing four pounds after binge eating! idk, just a thought...
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    my guess is that you shocked your metabolism...
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I dont ' know. but I will watch cals, work out HARD for weeks and nothign changes...then I'll take a few days off...and just like you, I finally see a change! I personally think it's good to mix stuff up and shock the body.
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    I know that some people do on/off diet days...I typically have a day over the weekend where I blow my calorie intake by 200-500 cals for the day. It seems as though you are okay if you get back on track. It will obviously catch up with you eventually! It probably threw your metabolism into shock as mentioned earlier! Just count your luck and continue with the program!!!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen twice. The weekend I went to a family party and ate what I felt like and didn't get to work out, I lost weight. Then again, I got sick, still had an appetite and ate what I felt like eating but couldn't work out, I lost weight. The weeks that I am vigilant with food and workout consistently, the weight loss is slower. No idea why, but I'm ok with shaking things up this way occasionally! Good luck!
    Risa
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    I didn't track at all this weekend and was eating kinda crappy, but not huge insane amounts of food this weekend. Didn't get a chance to workout other than walking around while shopping and took a short walk yesterday. I was scared to look at the scale this morning but I figured, what the heck?! Lol... luckily I wasn't up much (maybe like .5lbs), but hey I'll take that over a few lbs! Tonight I'm back to it and no excuses on skipping workouts and tracking. Weekends are usually hardest for me to keep up with, but as long as I don't go super crazy or anything I should be okay. Lol and I'm bloated to top it off so I was pretty ok w/just being up that lil bit, ha. :tongue:
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Well before my binge of four days, I was doing really well with my diet and exercise. I was probably eating under my caloric-intake with all the working out I've been doing ( I walk all day at work, then come home and work out even more!). I was down to 155 before my binge and that was 3 lbs lighter than the previous week, and then I lost another 1.5 lbs after my four day binge the following week! I am hoping this won't catch up to me, but maybe a body shock is just what I needed. I had been pushing myself to the limit for several weeks and getting no results until now! Go figure...
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've read it many many times that mixing it up and shocking the body will cause you to drop weight. It's even happened to me several times (never at times close together) but after eating healthy for a few weeks and then eating more, it will sometimes help! Just don't let it become a habit like I have the past week! lol Congrats!