Doctor gave me a choice . . . lose weight or lose life!

Options
My doctor gave me a choice . . . . I can either get serious about my health and lose weight or get serious about estate planning.
I'm pushing 50 and need to drop 100 lbs. I've set my goal at 240lbs, but would like to get down to 220lbs.

I'm just not so great at self-motivation. Something always comes up that gets me distracted from my goals and next thing I know . . . I've gained back my hard fought losses.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This is your life that should help you figure out what to do . Pretty serious I will help you to get motivated by encourageing words
  • Hope1861
    Hope1861 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Choose Life.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Set a challenge and tell people about it, even if no one says anything you feel that you are accountable for the word you have said. If you keep it to yourself, you only have yourself to let down and really you don't worry too much about that, but as soon as you let someone else down....it's a different story.

The other thing is....NO MORE EXCUSES!! you don't feel like it...just do it.....you want to eat it...just don't. It's very very hard, but you gain alot more than the weight loss, you find yourself again.

Good luck :)
  • imstef
    imstef Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    - no one can help you if you wont help yourself.
    - motivation gets you started, habit keeps you going
    - it takes 21 days to develop a new habit, as each day passes you tell yourself only xamount of days and this will be normal.
    all of the above is what has got me to where i am, i have lost 35kg.. half way to my goal weight.
    its YOUR life, so take control!

- if you have no time for fitness, then you'l find time for illness. which would you prefer?
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Choose Life.

Fight it with all your might - you CAN do this. Use MFP as much as you can. Log your food log your exercise and be patient and you will get results!!!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    U just found a fantastic program to help you out so load a pic and choose friends wisely. You have an entire community here and I love this place and I'm only 1/3 of the way done!
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    Seeing as you're posting this here, you've made your choice to continue your life. Good job :) You CAN do this. There are a lot of inspirational people on this site, who have lost more than 100lbs just by getting up and moving, and changing how they eat.

It isn't easy. I'm on this journey - I have a lot of weight to lose. So you aren't alone. Welcome to the first step :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    The Chris Davis project...
    http://blog.spartanrace.com/tag/chris-davis-project/

If he can, you can.

Do it. Choose life.
  • Kirsty300
    Options
    We only have a short time on this planet - imagine all the people you love. They will be living their lives without you if you don't make this choice. If you don't do it for yourself, there must be someone you would do it for.
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was in the same position 12 months ago and with MFP I have been able to lose close to 50kg and still going. Helps to have a great group of friends doing the same to keep you motivated!!