Gained...ugh.

Options
So I did really good all week. Exercised 6 days and did great with my eating. I weighed myself this morning and gained a lb. Hoping I just gained some muscle. BTW The scale is the devil! So back to it this week. We'll see what happens. Going to measure next week so hopefully there will be a change there. :) Either way I love my new pilates machine and I'm keeping with it.

Replies

• marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    I'll be the first to agree with you that it doesn't always make sense. I've had perfect weeks in the past & gained and then other weeks really mess up & lose. Guess our bodies will drop it when they are good and ready. Just don't give up. You know you're doing it right. I've only been on the site about a month now & really like it. Good days or bad, having to put it all down tends to make me do better. This was the first week I gained a pound on here and couldn't report it. I'm giving myself one week and then I will. Maybe the wrong thing to do, but it's maddening enough that I don't want to see that every time I log on. Good luck to you!
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started on here last April and and dropped a lot of weight the RIGHT way. I felt great then the holidays came and slowly I stopped using mfp and eventually went to the I'll do it tomorrow routine. :) We all know how that is... So this is my first consecutive week back at it and I am determined but geesh nothing like seeing that lb even though it is JUST a lb to get on your nerves. I have 4 boys under 7 and I really am trying to get this baby weight off though it should be called too much ranch and pizza. ;) So I started a new exercise routine to mix it up from what I was doing before. Gonna get the pilates and cardio rebounder a shot but may just have to go back to the good ol treadmill, recumbent bike, and free weight routine. Trying to remember it is just the 1st week back and a new program so no judging for at least 4 weeks. :)

Marjaskow-I say if give it a week. No reason to discourage yourself in writing. ;)
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So I did really good all week. Exercised 6 days and did great with my eating. I weighed myself this morning and gained a lb. Hoping I just gained some muscle. BTW The scale is the devil! So back to it this week. We'll see what happens. Going to measure next week so hopefully there will be a change there. :) Either way I love my new pilates machine and I'm keeping with it.

The exact same thing happened to me. I was so frustrated that I wanted to throw the scale as far as I possibly could. But.....I took a good long look at myself and noticed more muscle than I have had ever. My legs are much, much firmer and my back is well defined. My son even noticed a difference! So, I am no longer a slave to the number on the scale. I would much rather look the way I do than I did when I saw that so called "magical" number.