? Getting Upset :(

Options
This is my 17th day dieting. I've lost 9lbs with no exercise besides cleaning and watching kids i get my gym membership back next week. but i feel like im stuck at 9lbs for the last 5 days :( its making me upset!! i want this weight gone so bad at least 25 by july! because im in my sisters wedding

Replies

• meliamom
    meliamom Posts: 23
    Options
    You've done really well so far - take your time. Put it in perspective - it's only been 17 days! I've been stuck at the same number for 3 weeks. It is frustrating, but it will come off if you stick to good eating and exercise :)
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Don't get caught up in having it all gone by the wedding. It's didn't all just show up over night. Plus if you lose it too quickly, you'll be more likely to gain it back later. Focus on changing your lifestyle and being healthy. The changes will come with time. Good luck and remember to set realistic goals for yourself.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately your body does not work on your calendar. If you continue to eat within your calories and add exercise into the mixture (which does not have to be the gym, try walking, swimming or even dancing) you will lose weight. You will find that your weight fluctuates and even goes up sometimes for no particular reason.

Be patient...this is not a diet, it is a change in lifestyle. I do understand that you want to lose weight for your sister's wedding, however you can reasonably lose about a pound a week. That will see you down around 20 lbs from now. That's pretty healthy
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    you are losing more then 2 pounds a week at this rate!!! that's a good thing! don't worry keep doing what you're doing the the weight loss will catch up. don't weigh in everyday. are you picking 1 day tp log it in?
  • jwcrater31
    Options
    I would try doing exercises around the house. jumping jacks, butt kicks, push-ups, crunches, lunges, squats, boxing in squat position, etc......these are good things to do around the house, and can work up a good sweat.
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    You are doing really well!! Keep it up, but I also suggest you try to get in a little more excercise. You will be amazed at the benifits not only in weight loss, but in the way you feel. Plus will give you lots more energy to keep up with your kids!! I have 2 grandkids age 4 and i watch them alot. sometimes, I'll get on the floor and try to do some floor excercises and they always want to do them with me so I try to make games out of it. Also, I do crazy floor things with them, like trying to use them as my weights! for push ups, I'll do a womans push up and they climb on my back and try to hang on!!! They love it!! Try it!!! You'll be surprised at how much fun you can have with them and get some added benifits of excercise in as well!! Good luck!
  • AdrienneLich
    Options
    You're doing great so far. You will lose the weight, so don't get discouraged. Just keep your goal in mind, and you will be fine. I'm really proud of you!!!