Too fat?

Options

Replies

• RavenHershey0107
    Options
    :indifferent: what is the average weight for a nineteen year old?

What is your height and current weight. I have seen a few of your posts and your goal seems to be to lose weight fast but you don't look very big to begin with are you really 19?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's not necessarily age as it's by height. Look up your BMI by typing in your height. It does fluctuate by age but not a whole lot. Here's a good BMI calculator: http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus

BMI is just as bad of an indicator as weight. If you are athletic or have a lot of lean body mass, then you will be overweight in both categories. Below is a good story of women who is almost at her max weight. She is 5'4, 140 lbs and probably around 15% body fat. The first link is the story, the second is a weight chart.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/army/l/blweightfemale.htm
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Very vague question.

Gender, Height, bone structure, athlectics and much more come into play with discussing the "average" weight.

100-250 sounds reasonable
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    the square root of pi times the speed of light divided by the circumference of the earth...that is the average weight of a 19 year old.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Honey, don't compare yourself to other people. Focus on being fit, strong and healthy, for YOUR body type.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    42. Obviously :wink: :laugh:
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    it could carry it by the husk.....
    HolyGrail.jpg
    it's not a matter of how big the coconut is, it's a matter of air to weight ratio.... \m/

LOL! Thank you for this reference! LOL
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    42. Obviously :wink: :laugh:

Nice.
  • monikaguenther
    Options

What is your height and current weight. I have seen a few of your posts and your goal seems to be to lose weight fast but you don't look very big to begin with are you really 19?

yes i'm really nineteen!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    how big is her attitude?

wtf does this have anything to do with it?

so I like know how much weight to add for egotism.... duh
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    wtf does this have anything to do with it?[/quote]
    so I like know how much weight to add for egotism.... duh

Well, she did say "wtf" to Yoovie, so she's got to have some attitude (especially when it appeared you were one of the people supporting her).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

the average weight is not neccessarily a healthy weight.

for instance the average clothes size in the Uk for women is a 16... is this a healthy size? doubtful if you are only 5ft tall.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    it could carry it by the husk.....

it's not a matter of how big the coconut is, it's a matter of air to weight ratio.... \m/

Are you an African or European 19 year old?
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    how big is her attitude?

wtf does this have anything to do with it?

Attitude plays a huge part in your weight... and what your weight should be!
    Take Yoovie, stomps around here a force to be reckoned with daily, heavy with pride in herself and her friends! Lightly fueling the machine with enthusiasm all around! Attitude is everything!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

yes i'm really nineteen!

really? are you sure you're not like 19 and 1/2 because that 1/2 could make a big difference and throw off the whole equation.
  • Capegirl8013
    Capegirl8013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Height is 5"2

I've seen a healthy range for a 5'2" woman to be 109 - 137 pounds. I know that's a HUGE range, but so much of it is dependent on body type/frame. I'm 5'2" and I'm aiming for 115, although 120-125 may be more reasonable at 35 and having had two children.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i think that regardless of your goals and what you are aiming for, someone of your age and height should be under 140 pounds or you will enter into the overweight category.

But if you have an athletes mindset and you're super insanely training all the time, you could get up to 145 or so and still be in ridiculously good shape. So it depends on if you are a skinny or a fit brained teen.

so like, good luck totally
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    when I was 19 id say I was about 150-160

now, I am trying to get to 145 and strong.
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    the square root of pi times the speed of light divided by the circumference of the earth...that is the average weight of a 19 year old.

Metric or imperial?