Zumba Core for XBOX

Options
Picked up Zumba Core for the XBOX on a whim this week. I have done other Zumba video games, but never really liked them because they seemed really basic. Well, not this one! OH.MY.GOODNESS. This is serious stuff. Harder than the Zumba classes at my gym. I wore my HRM for a 40 min session yesterday and today and each time I burned about 350 calories. After three workouts, I am already seeing definition in my abs that was not there before. This is great for those days that I can't get out to the gym or for a run.

If you like Zumba and have an XBOX with Kinect, I highly recommend!

Replies

• purduegurl18
    Options
    I just put in the first Zumba game that came out with the Kinect first did. It was crazy. My calfs were burning so bad and I only did 15 mins. That is a good workout, although the moves are a bit hard to follow.
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    its sounds so great, I bought it for my wii, it arrives tuesday, hoping its just as great! i love the 2nd one! so i should really love this one!
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I picked it up the other day too. I did a few songs last night and LOVED it. Definitely works your core. I really enjoy Zumba Fitness Rush too, but I think I like this one a little more.
  • annejeanlouis
    annejeanlouis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bought the Zumba core yesterday, tired a few songs last evening - Seems like fun! Tonight I'll try the "class"...
  • woogawoman
    woogawoman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also got the game this week, and have been really enjoying the choreography. It's nice to know I'll have to work on learning them. :)

Anyone having trouble with the calorie count on the game besides me? I just did a mid-length (48 minute) class. My HRM read 299 calories burned. The game said 135. It's kind of discouraging (plus it will make getting a couple of achievements harder!).
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The game calorie count is WAY off. I have seen multiple reviewers complaining about this. I did a 50 minute session on the game the other day and it said I burned 151 calories. My HRM said 400+. It's interesting because with Zumba Fitness Rush (made by the same people) my HRM was always lower than the game. I don't know what they did, but I wouldn't trust the calorie count at all.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    It's a great program. I use it for slimming down all of my bulky muscles that I gained from accidentally reading Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. I thought I was safe if I kept away from the weight section of the gym, who knew that a simple book could cause so much trouble?
  • LeslieFulp
    LeslieFulp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am going to get it this weekend. I can't wait as I have Rush and love that one.
  • grey_lady007
    grey_lady007 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good to know! My fiancé got me the other Zumba games and I love them. Haven't tried this one yet and am looking forward it
  • Colleenb_2012
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for the WII want to buy this so badly!!!!! I love the workouts and the music!!
  • LeslieFulp
    LeslieFulp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Did my first workout this morning. I have done Zumba many times and this game is great. The music and the workout gave me a great workout. I recommend it to anyone who would love to try Zumba.
  • woogawoman
    woogawoman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been playing Core for two weeks now, and I just love it. I certainly feel like my core is in better shape (though sometimes it's hard to tell by yourself!). I had lower back disk surgery about ten years ago, and I am starting to note some improved flexibility. I need to add regular stretching to the mix, but one thing at a time. ;)

The other thing I'm really appreciating is that Core seems to get my heart rate up much better than Rush did. I am in my target zone for the majority of the class, with a better average and peak than before. It's quite a good feeling at the end of a full class. :D
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Did a short class last night (first time since I got it due to work travel) - HRM said 152, game said 366 calories burned - so don't trust the calories on the game if you plan on eating back. Still, even for a short class I am feeling my abs this morning..
  • Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Is this one easier to follow then the first Zumba dance game for Kinect?
  • gamerchic1
    gamerchic1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up on the calorie count issue on the new Zumba Core for Kinect: I am a Zumba Rush veteran video game player so I know about how many calories routines should burn. I did the new Core for the first time and after 3 or 4 songs with an average technique of 85% I burned...wait for it, about 30 calories and no that's not a typo. It's a major problem because I record all exercise and this isn't right.
  • DanielleB1016
    Options
    The calorie count is wayyyy off. But I think Core is CRAZYYYY intense, especially compared to Zumba Rush. I love Rush and got Core as soon as it came out (for the Kinect) Hate the calorie counter, but am in love with it. I am beyond winded even after a couple of songs, but this is something that you love to sweat your butt to. I contacted Majesco (sp?) about the calorie counter, and they said I needed an update for some calorie counter they are using for this game, which is different than Rush. I tried contacting them a few times via phone, but never got threw. Hoping the calorie counter can get fixed, but til then-- Loving the new one in addition to Rush. :)
  • sara6795
    sara6795 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about Zumba Core for Kinect. I do Zumba Fitness Rush every day for 60 minutes, and it isn't having the same effect that it had on me when I first started. Thankfully, my boyfriend bought me the exact piece of jewelery I wanted for Christmas (Nike Fuel Band) so I will use that to count the calories I burn. I am definitely going to have to check it out! Thank you!