• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    pretty sure it causes instant death

An allegiance of trolls is required.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I do it.. sometimes it affects my sleep, sometimes not, but it is the only time I can get it in right now..
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So since work has become super hectic and it depresses me to get out of bed in the morning before the sun rises... what are your thoughts on working out after 8 pm? is this something that should be avoided... ?

Try it. My only concern would be how it effects your sleep.

^^ This

It depends on when your bedtime is, as well as how the exercise effects you.
  • chrishg
    chrishg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I occasionally don't start my weekday cycles until well after 9pm to allow the maniac traffic to die down a bit. Works well for me... just have to be sure that you can resist a late night food binge when you get back as it will stimulate your appetite.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'd avoid it so you won't get fat, everyone knows if you don't eat something immediately after working out, your workout is wasted, BUT if you eat after 8 it turns to fat, so working out at night is sub optimal to losing fat
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    It's ok, just don't be caught working out between 8:11 and 8:13pm. That's when you can cause serious muscle damage. If you start after 8, make sure to just take a pause at 8:11 and then resume after 8:13. Be very careful.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I agree try it. I work out at night, in the mornings whenever I get the urge to do it or can fit it in. I find that it actually helps me sleep better
  • y0mbo
    y0mbo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I found that I didn't sleep well the first week of working out in the evening, but then after a while I got into the routine and it worked out just fine for me.

My biggest problem with working out after dinnertime is that I'm usually pretty tired... and my tendency to sandbag a workout is much higher.

I try to work out in the afternoon when possible.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I workout anytime I feel like it. I say as long as you get it in and go hard the time doesn't matter.
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Planning on doing it tonight, with all the Christmas stuff going on now there are dinners and gatherings during the week so I figure if I am going to participate I need to keep up my workouts too and if that means at 8 or 9pm thats what I am going to do.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is the time that you'll actually do it.

For me, working out in the morning is best because I am fresh and not worn out from the day. Not everybody finds this to be true, so you just have to fit it in. The key is just to be consistent and build the habit. Once you do, it's a piece of cake!
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    On weekdays, I don't go to the gym until 9:00-9:30 and stay 1-2 hours. I go to bed at 12:00 and have never had trouble getting to sleep.
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I do it. It works for me pretty well. I do my workout, shower, and go to bed exhausted.

This!
  • bigblu89
    bigblu89 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Because of kids and other family obligations, I usually don't head to the gym or go running until 8:30-9pm.

I'm a bit of a night person to begin with, so I rarely get to be before midnight anyway, and it's never ruined my sleep.

Everyone is different though, so there's no right answer. Just give it a shot and see if it works for you.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I often don't go running until 830 or 9 because my running buddy likes to out her daughter to bed before she does. I find I need about an hour after before I can sleep but it works well for me.
  • littleangel4523
    littleangel4523 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Working out that late usually wires me and makes it hard for me to go to sleep. I have trouble getting up early enough to get my walk in before I head off to start my day so i understand the need to do it later in the day. It's hard for me, though.