Replies

• elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    When you plugged it in in the morning, it was NOT adding exercise calories based on your time SLEEPING...
    it was ESTIMATING your TOTAL BURN for the day and adding in some calories then so you know what you can eat for the whole day. If you are less active than it thinks and you sync later in the day, it will take some away, if you are more active than they predict, it will add even more...

You never need to "ADD" anything, just plug in your bodymedia daily and it will recalculate based on your actual rather than your predicted.

Keep in mind that it is giving you a TDEE, not a deficit, so aim to be "green" by about 500 each day.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that it is giving you a TDEE, not a deficit, so aim to be "green" by about 500 each day.
    The mfp / body media connection has now fixed itself so it no longer shows TDEE as your calorie goal on mfp, instead it shows the correct goal (1/2 lb week or whatever you chose).
    Body media will always show TDEE on the activity manager website, though
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just synced mine with MFP and now it says my calorie goal for today is like 3900 calories? WTF? Is that because I don't show any calories burned today? Will it straighten itself out tomorrow?
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Hi mrsewert,

Is 3900 the calorie goal showing in MFP? We’ll need some more information to help figure out what’s wrong. Please give us a call at (888) 850-BODY (2639) M-F 9-5 (EST) or reach us at http://www.bodymedia.com/Support-Help/Contact-Us, we’d love to help you out!

- Laurie (BodyMedia)
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Following..just started using BFM
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options