Hello :-)

Options
Hi there

Found this application on the iPhone and I love it. I guess I should talk about my history. I used to weigh 14 stone/196lbs at the age of 21. I'm 5ft 4 and lost 3 and a half stone just under 3 years ago. I had managed to keep my weight off by eating just 1200 cals during the week, walking everywhere, going to the gym twice a week and then eating whatever at the weekends. I've recently put back on a good stone again which is not fun at all (due to overeating - I'm a serious comfort eater and things have been tough the past 6 months). Its unbelievable how even after weightloss in the past, you still constantly beat yourself up about the way you look. So anyway, I have a holiday in a few months so hoping it will be my big motivation to get rid of the weight and fit back into my holiday clothes.

My main issue at the moment is trying to limit myself at the weekends. I can stick quite well to my 1200 cals a day during the week (but sometimes do give in to a large glass of white wine after a long day at work heheheh) but weekends are tough. Don't know about anyone else, but I am like a bottomless pit at the weekend especially when I'm feeling a little fragile. I need to try and learn to stay strong at the weekends and hopefully I can drop a few pounds. I used to swear by keeping a diary of all the calories everyday so find myfitnessplan a great resource.

Anyhoo, just thought I would introduce myself

Hope you are all well

Replies

• rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This site is great!As you will see!I love it!:smile:
  • debbyknits
    debbyknits Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you. I love this site and have been using it just over a month. I think logging your food diary on the weekends should help. As for the wine, I've been a regular wine drinker for years and I think many of the extra pounds have come from these empty calories. Now, I may drink one glass of wine, maybe twice a week--and it's is always within my calorie goal for the day. I also have substituted diet tonic water for wine. It works for me. :smile: