I'VE HAD IT!

Options
I want to hear about your moment where you had it! You were so sick of being unhealthy and overweight! You were so ready for a change and couldn't wait to get started!!

My I'VE HAD IT moment was when my dad and sister... yes my dad and sister.. Told me that I was way too big and really needed to start watching what I was eating. Also, I so had it when I really didn't want to go anywhere at all because I was so embarrassed what I looked like and didn't want people to start talking about me (I live in a VERY small town). I would dread going anywhere and also had nothing to wear because I couldn't fit in any of my clothes anymore!

Now you?

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My moment was when I went to Moms & Muffins with my daughter in April 2011. I had so much trouble just walking to the door - my back hurt, my knees hurt, I was breathing hard/heavy...had to stop to catch my breath a couple of times and when I got in the door, had to sit down for a bit, and of course, they had no chairs right there and I was humiliated/embarrased/mortified. I remember sitting there thinking "Something has got to change.... I can't do this anymore."
  • HaleyJoAnn
    Options
    Well great job!!! You have done an amazing job so far!!
  • hismrs021511
    Options
    My moment was shopping for a dress for the military ball after having my son. The only dress that I could wear had no zippers and stretched. When we got the pictures back afterward I just looked like a big red hot mess. I was so embarassed. I hate for that picture to be up.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I went to a wedding and thought I looked amazing in my dress. Then I saw pictures and my arms looked like Hams.
  • nooodll
    Options
    When I booked my trip to Mexico for next year and didn't want to look terrible on the beach.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    It came a few years ago. I was excited to finally see "Honk If You're Horny" at the local movie theater. You might remember it, starring Faye Dunaway and Pauly Shore.

When I asked for my ticket, the kid at the window said that he had to check with the manager first. So, then, the manager comes over and tells me, "I'm terribly sorry, sir, but I'm afraid our facilities are not equipped to meet your needs."

:huh:

When I asked what he meant by that, he replied, "What I'm saying, sir, is that a man of your carriage couldn't possibly fit in our seats." I offered to sit in the aisle, but he said that it would violate the fire code.

Then, some guy standing by the door yelled, "Hey, Fatty! I've got a movie for ya: A Fridge Too Far!" as everyone outside the theater began to laugh at me. The manager sensed my rising anger, and tried to placate me with a free garbage bag full of popcorn. Before leaving with what little dignity I had remaining, I told him, "This may surprise you, but you can't buy me off with food. I'm sick of all your stereotypes and cheap jokes! The overweight individuals in this country are just as smart and talented and hard working as everybody else. And they're going to make their voices heard!"

Today, my voice is heard, here on MyFitnessPal.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    When the doctor left the examing room and I saw obese in my chart.
  • praying4four
    praying4four Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My I've had it moment came when I saw a picture of me sitting with my youngest helping her open her birthday presents. The fat rolls that stuck out just grossed me out. I am committed!
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My pictures from my college graduation. Broke my heart, but I'm glad I saw it.
  • cepemp
    cepemp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My I'VE HAD IT moment has been for a while now but I was working out at the GYM and someone that worked there commented serveral times on how much weight I've gained. Ive been through a lot in the past year and as a result put on a lot of weight. I had lost a lot before and people are commenting and looking at me like I'm a failure...it hurts and Im trying to get back to where I used to be. I won't even go to weight watchers again because im ashamed of what ive become :( I dont want the leader to see me like I am now.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have had a couple of them. Mainly my little sister and I talking about my weight casually and how she mentioned there were a time or two where she was embarrased to be around me. That hurt. I feel it when my boyfriend and I go out to the city and can't walk up the hills without needing to stop and breath. We are 23/24 years old, we should be able to do this and enjoy ourselves. Alos when I play with my niece and nephew. I lose energy really fast adn it's hard to stay on the floor with them.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    When I couldn't fit in a ride at our local fair. :cry:
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    One night I was walking on the Strip with my friends and some one yelled "EEWWW" at me.
    I was wearing jeans and a fitting tank top. I had thought I looked cute. Apparently I looked like a disgusting blob.
    It still makes my skin crawl thinking about it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It wasn't when I hated every photo of me taken. It wasn't when my dog got out of the yard and I had to run a couple blocks to the park to find him and was wheezing for hours after. It wasn't when I went to my 20th reunion weighing 50 pounds more than I did in high school.

It was when I first heard about the Warrior Dash and though, "I wanna be able to do that!" :laugh:
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    when my doctor told me that if i didnt lose weight and eat better i would be on diabetic medication within the year...also, the scale reading 315lbs...cause i saw that with the way that i was gaining i would be 400lbs sooner rather than later...
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It came a few years ago. I was excited to finally see "Honk If You're Horny" at the local movie theater. You might remember it, starring Faye Dunaway and Pauly Shore.

When I asked for my ticket, the kid at the window said that he had to check with the manager first. So, then, the manager comes over and tells me, "I'm terribly sorry, sir, but I'm afraid our facilities are not equipped to meet your needs."

When I asked what he meant by that, he replied, "What I'm saying, sir, is that a man of your carriage couldn't possibly fit in our seats." I offered to sit in the aisle, but he said that it would violate the fire code.

Then, some guy standing by the door yelled, "Hey, Fatty! I've got a movie for ya: A Fridge Too Far!" as everyone outside the theater began to laugh at me. The manager sensed my rising anger, and tried to placate me with a free garbage bag full of popcorn. Before leaving with what little dignity I had remaining, I told him, "This may surprise you, but you can't buy me off with food. I'm sick of all your stereotypes and cheap jokes! The overweight individuals in this country are just as smart and talented and hard working as everybody else. And they're going to make their voices heard!"

Mine was when I tried to dial a phone, but couldn't hit just 1 digit. I was connected to the operator, who informed me my fingers were too fat to dial; to order a special dialing wand, I mashed my hand against the key pad.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When I realized my youngest baby was 7 years old and I weighed as much as I did when I was 9 months pregnant with her :( I had been dieting for years, but I finally committed to changing my lifestyle.
  • SlimEsq
    SlimEsq Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    After going out to eat every weekend and drinking many beers. By the time Sunday came around I was so uncomfortable and disgusted with myself I knew I had to change. I had lost 10 pounds earlier this year and put it all back on. It was awakening that this is a permanent lifestyle change for me.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Wow dude, I would have crumbled to pieces. Way to be strong and make a change. Keep it up!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    When I saw a picture of myself sitting next to my MIL at a birthday party. She is an overweight woman, and I didn't look too much smaller than her. That's when it hit me - I was heading into very dangerous territory. She has all sorts of health issues, and I did not want that future for myself.