What is the best daily multivitamin?

Options
I am looking to add a multivitamin to my day. Any suggestions or recommendations? I am clueless. Thanks!

I'd love to hear any other supplements you swear by as well.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am looking to add a multivitamin to my day. Any suggestions or recommendations? I am clueless. Thanks!

I'd love to hear any other supplements you swear by as well.

AOR Orthocore
    NOW Eve
    Source Naturals Lifeforce Multiples for Women

Or just eat a varied diet and supplement whatever you're deficient in
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Kirkland vitamins from Costco are highly rated by Consumer Reports.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    A well designed diet
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post something about this..

I started taking vitafusion MultiVites Gummy Vitamins. I absolutely love the taste (and the fact it acts like a little treat), but I noticed that I need to take 2 servings to get 100% of some vitamins, which ends up adding on 6 grams of sugar and carbs to my day. I'm not a fan of that.

So, I'm curious as well!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Skittles
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    Solaray is one of my Favorite brands for supplements. Their Once a Day Multi is my go to Multi.

http://www.affordablesolaray.com/11042.html
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    IMO most multi's are roughly the same. I get the ones in powders form for easier digestion and absorption.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Ask GNC... They will tell you its at 80.00 ones
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Nature Made full strength softgels is what I do for easier absorbtion.
  • samerzz16
    Options
    You want to take something that has a great B vitamin profile (all of the B vitamins are essential, but stress B1,B6 and B12 more.) and nothing more than 100% vitamin A. Also it would be a plus to have an amino acid complex within the vitamin such as your branched chained amino acids (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) and Arginine. Of course copper, zinc and the fat soluble vitamins are always essential (A,D,E,K). I personally take the GNC Megaman sport (1 pill) and GNC Megaman Energy & Metabolism (1 pill) together. Hope this helps!
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Dietary supplements are pretty poorly regulated in the US. Look for one that has the USP certification seal on it. I take the Nature Made brand.

And really, you should be getting most micronutrients from whole foods, so unless you are deficient in something, it's not really necessary.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    A well balanced diet

I don't take vitamin supplements they are full of stuff that can be bad for you in excess other vitamins are just excreted
  • antizoni1
    Options
    Centrum Sliver Multi-Vitamin
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options
    You probably get what you need from the foods you eat. One of the hardest to get is D3. I take D3, C, and Omega.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    The absolute best daily multi-vitamin is....wait for it..........

A balanced diet, save your money.
  • cjam134
    cjam134 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin in the winter when most of my produce is shipped half way around the world before it gets to my plate. In the summer when I'm eating mostly local, I don't take it.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I take 1 (regular dose is 2) of this: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4033463

I have no complaints. It helps me reach a lot of the levels of nutrients I'm not otherwise able to through my diet. I can't really say whether or not the energy/metabolism part is true but I can't say it's not. It has caffeine so that might be the energy part (and also important if you're sensitive to caffeine).

It's also fairly inexpensive. It's $10 right now and because I take 1 a day, that's a 3 month supply for me.

I supplement with an iron pill because I have blood-test-confirmed low iron. I'm considering supplementing potassium because I never hit the recommended on that.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    If you have a properly balanced diet you don't need one.

That said, I know I don't so I do take vitamins. I take a B50 and a prenatal daily.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    A clean eating diet rich in raw fruits and vegetables (9-13 servings a day) and I take Juice Plus+ which is more whole food based nutrition from 26 different fruits, vegetables, berries and grains.

If you still feel you need a vitamin or supplement then ask these questions when you do your research: Does it deliver key antioxidants and other phytonutrients that are absorbed by the body? Does it reduce oxidative stress? Does it support a healthy immune system? Does it help protect DNA? Does it positively impacts several key indicators of cardiovascular wellness?
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Now Foods Daily One. My husband and I both take it. Its a good basic multi, and NOW Foods is a good brand.