Wondering what a normal resting heart rate is?

Options
2»

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    That's why I think it's so stupid at Dr office to march you into room, hope on table, and take HR and Blood Pressure. Everything is going to be elevated.

So true!

At the doctor's office - my heartrate is usually banging away at right around 100bpm and my blood pressure is typically 135/85. My temperature usually spikes half a degree, too. I am phobic about doctors, so I always get very riled up. The adrenaline effects all of those metrics.

If I measure my heart rate at home, it's usually 55 bpm first thing in the morning and around 60 the rest of the day while I'm at rest. And blood pressure is supposed to be measured after you've been stationary/seated for about 15 minutes. When I measure it properly, mine is about 110/68.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    That's not resting HR then.

First thing in morning before stirring much to grab watch. That's RHR.

Before your muscles warm up, yeah first jump on the treadmill is going to be high.

That's why I think it's so stupid at Dr office to march you into room, hope on table, and take HR and Blood Pressure. Everything is going to be elevated.

Definitely this. I invested in a Blood pressure cuff (Maybe 30-40.00) and check first thing in the AM when I wake up. When I go to the Doc, definitely elevated at first, and then after chatting and the like with the doc it drops down to "normal". My resting in the AM has been swing between 53 and 65, And this afternoon its at 66.. Feel like I am making progress.
  • charl2712
    charl2712 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I work in healthcare and the normal heart rate is between 60-70 BPM! Anything over 100 BPM at rest is bad and anything below 40 BPM is also not good (unless your super healthy and work out regularly)
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I work in healthcare and the normal heart rate is between 60-70 BPM! Anything over 100 BPM at rest is bad and anything below 40 BPM is also not good (unless your super healthy and work out regularly)

I work out six days a week. But I was confused about RHR. I'm good now. :)
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty low usually. Somewhere around 60. But I take blood pressure medication for border line hypertension and I hear that lowers your heart rate.