When (if ever) should I up my calorie intake?

Options
OK.... I have my calories set at 1400 or so.... I usually eat around 1250-1350 everyday. I have been stuck at 135-137 for the past 2 months. I am a little anxious about upping my calorie intake because it just seems backwards to what I'm working for lol... But If anyone can look at my diary and tell me what they think I would really appreciate it.

ALSO...... I just started taking vitamins because I was having KILLER migrains.... I am currently taking a 1 a day... any advice on what kind/brand would be best for me?

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    id say up your exercise and eat the calories you burn off back
  • annietntgetfit
    Options
    Look for a multi with the USP seal.

(more info here: http://www.usp.org/usp-verification-services/usp-verified-dietary-supplements)

Supplements aren't regulated, so this ensures you aren't taking a very well-marketed sugar pill.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I think it's smart to increase your calories when you cross from overweight into the healthy weight range, and then you will have to increase again when you hit your goal weight to maintain. I'll take a look at your diary.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am guessing you are eating too little. I can not know that for sure without knowing your stats (height, wieght, age, body fat if known)

It looks like from your goal you do not have much to lose. Having a large deficit usually hinders loss in these situations instead of helping.

edited to add: I was having really bad headaches when I was eating that little. I wasn't always hungry, but I needed more fuel for my work outs for sure!
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    OK I took a look at your food and exercise diary for the last week and I have some recommendations, for what it's worth.

1) I'm sorry about your plateau - have you checked with a doctor to make sure there's not a medical reason? Especially with the migraines.
    2) How tall are you? 135-137 is a great weight for most women.
    3) Your food diary: a) What you are logging for your calories looks fine. However, are you sure you are picking items with accurate calories on MFP's database? I noticed some foods that the calories looked too high for, so maybe you are eating less sometimes than you think. b) I would start tracking your sodium because sodium causes bloating and water weight retention and MSG can cause headaches - you have a fair amount of fast food and processed food so you are probably over your sodium. c) I would consider decreasing the fast food - eating cleaner will make you feel better.

I hope this helps :)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I would keep calories where they were and increase exercise frequency/duration/intensity.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    2) How tall are you? 135-137 is a great weight for most women.

I would look like a skeleton at this weight.
  • mikeswife04
    mikeswife04 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ok.... i am 5'6"..... im not lookin to loose too much more, maybe 5 pounds..... i dont get the headaches too often but when i do they are bad!!!! im going to start a gym december 1st (i am so excited lol) does this help any
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    1350 daily sounds about right with NO exercise . If you work out you would need to eat back you exercise calories. Personally I think it is easier you figure out your maintenance calories and subtract 20% from that way you can plan meals easier and make sure your intake is consistent.

If want help with this please feel free to message me!