Anyone started at size 24...

Options

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    22/24s and now a 10 and very close to an 8.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I started on 02/24/12, as a size 22. I am now in 8/10. Still working on getting back into my 6's.

You can do anything you set your mind to. Believe in yourself. I'll leave you with one of my favorite motivational verses...

Anything is Possible

Anything is possible, if you think it is worthwhile.
    If you’re willing to go the distance, to go the extra mile.
    With determination and effort, you can often achieve more.
    Because you don’t always get what you wish, but what you work for.
    Dreams can become challenging, but no matter what the cost.
    Strive to complete the task before you, and you’ll never end up lost.
    So bring with you your goals, and leave your doubts behind.
    Whether you think you can or can’t, you certainly will find.
    You’ll be right either way–so never quit, and this is why:
    You’ll never become a failure, until you fail to try.

Good luck!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    26/28...sometimes a 30/32. Now a comfortable size 16. You are not alone!
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I was a 22 now down to a 10/12
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* 12 now
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I started at a 24 in July and am now in size 20 pants (down 38lbs). I'm very happy with my progress since I'm 6'2 and it takes tall chicks longer to drop sizes.

Remember, this is NOT a race. Slow and steady keeps it off.
  • Kattcooper
    Options
    I started at 26 and now I'm down to 24 and it could be less. Good luck to ya!!! ;-)
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. Current size 10 pants, M in shirts. Working toward 8's! YOU can do it!!
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I started in March @ 24W or 26.

I am now down to 18W or 20W depending on the pants

I went from large/XL shirts to medium/large again depending on the shirt

I went from a 22W swimsuit down to an 18 which is now getting loose. I need to see if the size 16 I bought fits.

I do have a few pairs of 18 pants that fit well and some that don't

If I try and wear my 24's they slide right off my body.. it's an awesome feeling.
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    I started at a size 26 in May. I'm currently in a size 16. Hoping to get down to an 11/12! You can do it!!!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I started at a very tight 28. Now I'm down to a comfortable/loose (depending on the brand/cut) 14 jean. Size 12 dress. I still see that really big girl in the mirror though. Waiting for my brain to catch up.
  • mirsasha
    Options
    I started in 26/28s and at 256 pounds. I'm now in size 10s (occasionally an 8 in skirts) and at 134. misscristie - I'm fighting that body image problem as well.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well, I started at a 24 and over 40 lbs later I'm in anything from an 18-24. I bought three pairs of jeans last weekend because my old 20s and 22s were falling off, and they were all the same brand of jeans, just different styles, and I ended up with a pair of 18s, 20s, and a pair of 22s. I have one newer pair of jeans in a size 24. Obviously, they woudln't have fit me 40 lbs ago, but sometimes it's frustrating that my size doesn't seem to be going down.

In reality, I've had to get rid of a ton of clothes because they are just too big, but different brands and/or different styles fit differently.

I'm 5'10" and my ultimate goal is a 12, maybe a 10. Really, I'll just be happy when I stop having to buy clothes in the W sizes because it seems like they are usually shorter than their smaller counterparts, and I have long legs!
  • christinekmw
    christinekmw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    May 1 of this year I was a 22, but would have comfortably been at a 24. I started on another program and then switched to MFP this summer. I'm now comfortably in a 14 (48 lbs down total). There are weeks when I do great and weeks that I totally stink it up. My advice and support--just don't give up. Don't take a bad day or a bad week as an excuse to give up. Friend me if you are looking for someone to share your ups and downs with....
  • smugleaf
    Options
    I started as a 24 and I'm currently at 20/22!

Actually, I JUST got a box of clothes that were too small for me out of the closet, and this adorable pair of pajamas I got last Christmas were in there. I've never been able to wear them because they were too small--they fit great now!!!

You can definitely do it! For me, starting out (after the initial excitement) is the hardest part. When you can't see any results at all after 5 or 10 pounds, it's hard to stay motivated. But once you start seeing results, even small ones, it gets easier to feed the motivation! Good luck, you can do it!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I started at a 22 and am now a 4~it can be done!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I started out wearing 26W. I now wear a size 12 pants and medium tops. I started on October 20, 2011 and have 28 pounds to go to more original goal. Also, I'm 58 years old with double knee replacements.

So you are not alone and you CAN do it!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I started at a tight 16 and now I'm a 8/7
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    started at 24 or probably closer to 26/28 (dont know because I refused to buy clothes...ugh...currently fitting quite nicely into size 16 and very happy about it! :) You can do it!
  • anne0925
    anne0925 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started out at at 26/28 in pants and 4x in tops. As of today, I am a 20/22 (sometimes 18/20) in pants and a 1x/2x in tops. I hope to be at a 14/16 by March when I go home to visit my family.