butternut squash is so underrated!

Options
gonezobean
gonezobean Posts: 154
So I read on here a recipe for home fries using butternut squash. I was like butternut what? So I ventured out to my open air market and grabbed one. I looked at it for a week and then, I took a plunge. For the record, delicious.

I baked them until slightly crispy with some cayenne and garlic salt! ummmmmmmmmmmm

Does anyone have a recipe? I just am so addicted!

Replies

• gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    So I read on here a recipe for home fries using butternut squash. I was like butternut what? So I ventured out to my open air market and grabbed one. I looked at it for a week and then, I took a plunge. For the record, delicious.

I baked them until slightly crispy with some cayenne and garlic salt! ummmmmmmmmmmm

Does anyone have a recipe? I just am so addicted!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE Butternut Squash! YUM! I put it in the microwave for 10 minutes in a bowl which has water in it (to keep it moist). Then take it out, peal it and enjoy! YUM!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Have to add this to my bag of "Must Try" It sounds good right now but Im hungry still!

P.S. You ever find that you buy so much more when your starving or hungry at the grocery store? I have a strict policy of not going to the store hungry now as it adds up and some of its junk as well!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I like making the squash fries and dipping them in sugar free syrup...Mmmm almost like sweet potato fries, only less calories!
  • I found this recipe one time for Thanksgiving. If you absolutely HAVE to have mashed potatoes - mix up 1/2 mashed ptatoes 1/2 butternut squash. Your guests will not even realize that you are helping them to cut calories and carbs!
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    You should totally check out the Hungry Girl cook book. She has a whole section dedicated to butternut squash! She also has some recipes listed on her website-- hungry-girl.com..just search butternut squash!

:smile: