Major frustration. Want to quit!

Options
So I weighed in this morning and I'm the heaviest I have ever been! :( I want to crawl into a hole and never come out. I bought some groceries today so that I can cut back from 1600 to 1200 cals and see if that makes a difference...I starve at that low but apparently 1600 is just adding pound after pound. Six to be exact, in as little as two weeks!! All the weight I had lost in the last two months came back in two freaking weeks! PLUS another 4 lbs :( I am so disheartened right now. I can't live feeling this way! I have no desire to go out in public, I just want to lay in bed. In the dark. And sleep away the days........................................BUT that being said. I know I need to just grit my teeth and get down to work. I just can't seem to find it in myself to work out each and everyday, even though I see my wii fit when I'm sitting and watching tv. I also am very impulsive and I don't know how to stop being that way. I have ALWAYS been that way. I start my day with the best intentions, but by late evening I could eat the house empty!! I want so bad to be thin, but them I see food and all my will power flies out the window. Ugh. Worst time in my life by far. :angry: :sad:

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    This is none of my business, I'm just putting it out there, but 6 lb in 2 weeks seems like a lot. Any chance you could be pregnant? Again, not trying to insult you, but when I was pregnant, I gained like that.
  • sunshineshardz
    Options
    I wasn't wanting to think along those lines lol. Suppose it wouldn't hurt to get the hubby to get a test. I was trying to deny that I may be, but I am over a week late...:huh: :noway: Good god, If I am I am going to have to be EXTRA diligent! *sigh*, thanks for the reality check. :tongue:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    If you are I wish you the best. Well, I'll wish it even if you're not
  • JRAYMONDA
    Options
    Dont always let the scale be the finals say in weight lost. There could be lots of reasons why the slight gain. If you have been woking out it could be your body is getting denser by gaining muscle. Which weighs more, dont be so hard on yourself. You are working on a healthier lifestyle and thats great. Your alternative is to quit.. then what only bad things would come of doing that to your self. Keep your head up . its a marathon not a race. And your still in the game!
  • sunshineshardz
    Options
    lol Thanks. It would be baby #3 haha. I'll let ya know. I feel better having my secret thoughts off my shoulders.
  • sunshineshardz
    Options
    Dont always let the scale be the finals say in weight lost. There could be lots of reasons why the slight gain. If you have been woking out it could be your body is getting denser by gaining muscle. Which weighs more, dont be so hard on yourself. You are working on a healthier lifestyle and thats great. Your alternative is to quit.. then what only bad things would come of doing that to your self. Keep your head up . its a marathon not a race. And your still in the game!

Yeah, I know. I just find I fall off the wagon real easy and if I eat good for a few weeks and lose a couple pounds, then I temd to slack off. 'm not sure why I do this, but it helps to have support. I feel better about myself already just having ready the few replies. :flowerforyou:
  • Jenna1972
    Jenna1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you. I'm sorry it is frustrating you. You will get through it. I don't like to hear you sound so hard on yourself. Do you want to be thin? Or do you want to be healthy? A role model for your kids? Confident, secure in your life and your ability to be loved? I would be starving too if I went from 1600 to 1200. That's not a lot to fuel a beautiful body! Perhaps find a happy medium? Maybe 1400kcal keeps your hunger at bay but doesn't add to your weight. Whatever you do, get moving! Exercise in any form is the best way to start to feel better. Even if you gain a little while learning to love exercise, so what? You can be healthier and do the things you love. What were favorite games/activities/sports as a child? Find a way to do them again and see if that staves off the hunger pains!
  • futureonfire
    futureonfire Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Let us know about the pregnancy thing? It doesn't make sense that you would gain that much in 2 weeks?

Are you eating a lot of sodium? Maybe?
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    This is none of my business, I'm just putting it out there, but 6 lb in 2 weeks seems like a lot. Any chance you could be pregnant? Again, not trying to insult you, but when I was pregnant, I gained like that.

I was thinking the same thing... especially with the emotions in her post... I remember how emotional I was in the first couple months of pregnancy and how quickly the scale creeped up...

Sunshine - if you ARE pregnant, I hope that you'll see it as a blessing! If you're not pregnant - I'd go see a doctor - 6 lbs in 2 weeks seems like a lot when you've been watching what you're eating. There may be something else going on....
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    if you are not pregnant, please go to your doctor anyway! it could be a hormone problem or insulin resistance. five million women struggle with their weight for this reason and a simple medication can help get you back on track.
  • katie30
    katie30 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi sunshine. Hate to say, it sounds like something else is up. From what I've read (correct me if I'm wrong) it takes around 3500 extra calories to gain 1lb of fat weight. You say you've gain 6lbs in 2 weeks. That's around 1500 extra calories a day. Even if we say that half the weight is "water weight", that would still mean you had 750 calories more than you needed a day. Just doesn't make sense.

As for your calorie numbers, a drop to 1200 calories may actually have a reverse affect on your system. The last thing you want is for it to shut down from getting to few.

Best of luck to you.
  • sunshineshardz
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I am going to see my doctor for sure this week. Diabetes runs rampant in my family (my grandpa, grandma and both uncles on my mom's side have it) so if it's not a baby, then maybe I need insulin? It's worth checkingout. I always wondered too if maybe I had a thyroid problem because I am super tired all the time. Not just like "tired" but TIRED! Like I can sit at a red stop light, close my eyes and nod off. (not that I do that, but it's happened when I'm the passenger) SO I'll definitely sek medical help and figure out what is going on with me.

Thanks for all the encouragement. It's just what I neede today.
  • empiremom
    empiremom Posts: 52
    Options
    if you arent preggers...what i did to get me in line is i cut sugar out completely for 1 month. the first 3 days were hell. i had no idea how addicted i was. turns out sugar is the same as alcohol to your body without the buzz.

that being said...i wish you the best! starving yourself is not the answer...put all the stuff without a label in you! it works! eat as much as you can eat...those things without a label...in just a couple days you will be shocked at how good you feel and how you are not hungry.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Yeah get your thyroid checked if you're not pregnant. My mom gained like 50 pounds in 3 months and was super tired and cold all the time. I thought my thyroid was acting up recently and had blood work done. My doc found a Vitamin D deficiency. It didn't cause weight gain but made it almost impossible to lose weight. I think you need to just go get checked out. Good luck to ya lady. It'll get better from here.