4'11 - 5'2 ladies?

Options

Replies

• tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and 5'2" and have managed to get my weight from 141 pounds to 109 pounds since January. My primary goal was actually just getting my fitness back, and getting my weight back to 110 was secondary, but having reached both my fitness and weight goals, I think I'd like to get to around 105 pounds. We'll see how that goes. I'm not doing maintenance just yet.

I was up to an Australian size 10 (US size 4-6) at the end of last year which isn't really that big in the big scheme of things, but I looked horrible. I'm now back to an Australian 6-8 (roughly US size 2).

I'm a pretty active person in general although I have a sedentary job. I manage to work out 7 days a week for 1.5-2 hours a day before and/or after work. Motivation for me was work related. Even though my job is usually sedentary, I do have times where I have to travel and do some serious physical work and on a trip I did at the end of last year I started to struggle. That was my breaking point.
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", and at 22 I was 142lbs and "too fat" to join the military. Nevermind that I wore a size 12. (I stretched out to 5'3" while being measured so I could join and 142lbs was perfectly acceptable.)

Now I'm 145lbs and I wear a size 10. I got all the way down to a size 6 at 128 lbs. Now, you see the difference between my 12 and my 6 were only 14 lbs. It's really hard to explain to other people that those 5 lbs make a HUGE difference when you're short.

So does the amount of muscle you have (hence why I'm a heavier weight but smaller size right now.) As some of these lovely ladies said, they've started out at 200+ pounds and managed to bring the weight down. It IS possible!! But I'm already learning, it must also be maintained.
  • melissazwa
    melissazwa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2" and 30! My highest weight (from when I was willing to step on a scale at least) was around 185 lbs in May of this year. I've always bounced around on the scale, from 130ish to 150ish, but I put on all sorts of extra weight after my little guy was born. Ironically I lost most of my baby weight after the first month or so after he was born, but I was constantly starving and eating while I nursed him for about 11 months.

I'm down to about 157 right now and have moved from a size 16 to size 12ish. My honest goal weight is 140lbs, I think I looked too skinny when I was less than that, but I have broad shoulders and wide hips!

MFP has truly been my accountability buddy, making sure I understand what and how much I'm eating. Most of my loss so far has come from running, starting with C25K, and now I run about 5 miles 4X a week and run one distance day a week (up to 8 miles now) since I've signed up for a 1/2 Marathon in February. Good luck!!!
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and need to loose about 70 more pounds. Feel free to add me!!
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I am 5'2 (and 1/4!!) and am starting at 184. Aiming for 126 but trying to focus on 7 pounds at a time! Less scary that way!

Would love some friends who are a similar height / weight! :smile:
  • reachinmygoal2012
    reachinmygoal2012 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    im 4'10 and 190 my goal weight is to be 140 ( im VERY curvy)
    ive been doing 30 day shred for the past 29 days lol.
    we are doing each level for 15 days so im making it a 45 day shred LOL.
    but so far ive lost a total of 4.5 inches off my waist
    i think my measurements when i first started were
    38DD- 37-48
    this morning when i checked my waist was 32.5 hips were 47
  • deltalbarbie
    Options
    Bump
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm also 4'11" .. Hi! :smile: I really don't like the whole BMI "you've gotta be this weight to be heathy" kinda thing. For example, look at my picture.. I was around 150lbs, and perfectly healthy and pretty much slim, with the slightest little podge here and there.

I'm aiming for 140lbs, just so I can be a little slimmer than in my picture, definitely not going by what my BMI recommends me to be, there'd be nothing left on me! I'll soon see when I get there.

I think a bit of my weight comes from my chest area though.. :blushing:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 46
    HW:239 last spring
    CW:185
    LW:105 at 16 walking everywhere and eating only once a day
    115 was my average teen weight until my first pregnancy
    GW:135.
  • srobinson84
    srobinson84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 28 years old. My highest weight was 216 lbs, but I've been going off my weight that I joined MFP of 170-80 something. I'm currently 139 lbs wearing a US size 6 and 23% BF. I would like to get down to 18% BF and whatever weight that puts me at, probably around 130 lbs.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 30, 5'2" and I began at 220 lbs. I'm not sure what my starting measurements were, but at the beginning of 2012 my waist was 38" and my hips were 45". I'm currently 147 lbs and my current measurements are W: 31.5" and H: 39.5.

I started off using the Xbox 360 Kinect with EA Sports Active II and The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout. I started eating better, slowly. I initially lost 40 lbs with doing that since April of 2011, I've continued to lose the rest of my weight by doing Zumba in June of 2012, and progressively changing my diet. I now eat paleo/primal and include moderate weightlifting into my workout routine.

I'm not really concerned about losing weight at this point because I'm satisfied with the way I look and feel at 147 lbs, but I am looking to tone up.

If you'd (or any other posters) like to add me, feel free to send me a request! Good luck on your journey! You got this!
  • sparkyval
    Options
    Hey there...5'1" started at 226 and I am now 168.2 with lots to lose...double whammy...I am 49 soon to be 50 and trust me ...it makes it even harder to see results.

Anyone with any tips for faster results being short I am all ears!!!!! Please friend me!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • tryannosaurus
    tryannosaurus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my HW was 187 that's when I decided to do something. I'm 172 now hoping to get down to 140 and see how that looks. I think I would look too gaunt at 120 as I have natural curves. I'll see when I get there though. Can't wait to lose weight and actually feel good about myself again. I think that's the worst thing.
  • lilmzritz
    Options
    Fellow shorties :)

I am 4'11" ~ 5' flat if I stand really really straight. I joined MFP about 2 months ago at 202 lbs which is my heaviest. Today I weigh 180 and determined to get to 130 and be off my high BP meds. I currently do the 30 Day Shred, running using the C25K app and once a week hip-hop class (1.5 hours).

I'm turning 40 on Jan 1st and will be doing my 1st 5K obstacle run in February 2013. My youngest brother just got me to commit to my first Spartan Race (Sprint) next year as well.

Feel free to add me and we'll go through this wonderful and healthy journey together! :) Good luck to us!
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ANY OF YOU!!.. Feel free to add me... a 5 footer :)
    I am 28 started at 155 and working towards 125lbs

add a message or at least subject SHORTY or sumn :P

I LOVE MFP
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", but I don't need or want to lose weight (I'm here for fitness). Anyone can friend me if you'd still like.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and started my journey at 221lbs. I've been at it for almost a year now and have lost 37lbs. My goal is to get to 130. It's been slow going, I haven't been the best all the time, but I'm still at it! Feel free to friend me if you want. :)
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0", 44 yrs young and my current weight is 150lbs. I started out at 200lbs in July 2011 when I was diagnosed diabetic. I would love to get down to 125-130 lbs. My BMI is overweight, but I used to be obese. I lost 25lbs before starting MFP just by watching my diet. In February I started MFP and exercising and have lost another 25lbs. I am currently just maintaining my weight. I am looking for a way to jump start the weight loss back up. Anybody feel free to add me as a friend. Also I am open to any advice on how to get over the plateau that I have hit.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    HI! I am 4'11 and was 162 which is for my height Obese. I now weigh about 122. Used MFP DAILY for the first 6 months to lose those 40 pounds and did Jillian Michael's Body Revolution along with some extra cardio and really tried to be as healthy as I can. I have 12 more to my goal of 110 (doc says 93-124 is healthy range for my height). I am struggling with the last 10 and things slowed once I hit about 35 pounds loss. I know the smaller you get the harder it is to lose so I just do what I can and keep pushing. I am currently half way through insanity and its great cardio but I feel for our small size I got better results while doing the HIIT and weights. Feel free to add me or look at my photos or email me if you have any questions.
    Nice to see there's a good group of Shorties here!!!
  • alady19
    Options
    I'm 5'1 & my goal is to get down to 120! I weighed 120 when I was 13,14 & 15 but when I got pregnant my eating habits changed drastically & I put on a lot of weight I never got rid of. & yes us shorter girls look much chunkier because we're so short! I would do anything to get back to 120-125. That's 70 pounds & I am trying to lose it all before July... which only gives me 8 months. I will be busting my *kitten*!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!