Haters

Options
Okay, I was looking at posts and I've seen how mean people can be, but now it's happening to me. I am trying to use it as motivation to keep me going, but yesterday I almost lost it.

I work with a couple of people who belong to Weight Watchers and what I eat they would never even put in their mouths. That's okay, they have their "diet plan", I have my way of life. I was very excited because the gym I belong to asked me to do a testimonial for them. I have lost weight, but being 5 feet tall I didn't have a huge amount to lose but to me it's a lot.. I have also been working very hard on muscle tone. Every day I come in with my lunch pail and my customary 6 small meals. You would think I came from outer space and landed into the midst of a Weight Watchers land. They come over and critique everything I eat. They even pick up some of my food containers and shake them to see what's inside. Okay, I can deal with that. I tell them what I'm eating and why.

Yesterday was hard. I was told that they could not understand why my local gym would want to have me do a testimonial. I haven't lost that much weight, and they really don't see a change. They said that they thought it was some sort of scheme to get me involved in something. I have no clue what that would be...I'm still trying to figure that one out. I've gone from a size 14 to a size 6. I'm actually wearing clothes that are more form fitting which I would have never done before. My department is having a Christmas party food day. Both of them asked me if I was going to join in the celebration or eat my "strange and odd food". I said that maybe what I will make is my strange and odd food and they can try it out. They both looked at me like I had 2 heads.

I guess I'm amazed that people who are trying to lose weight would be so mean to someone who is working very hard to do the same. Whenever I see someone taking weight off, I'm happy for them. I've even gone up to people at work I don't know and have made comments about how good they look. Losing weight for me has not been easy. I've done this more than once. They have no clue how hard it has been for me, but I'm determined to be as healthy as possible. I am leaving for the gym now, and I will take out my frustrations on the machines. Poor machines....they have no idea what's coming...

Replies

• LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You've gone from a 14 to a 6?

Then their treatment of you is jealousy, pure and simple

You should tell them to wear green as it's slimming and it will match their faces :)

Also, hum this around them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3pGsFmmSLk (A LOT!)

and stop putting up with this obnoxious behavior from them!
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Eff em. I truly think they are going WAAAAYYY too far and I wonder why you are the focus of their day? Don't they have work to do or something?

Congratulations on your losses- you should be damn proud and your "weird" foods have helped you get there. I'm glad you continue to bring them despite ridicule. Your topic title explains it all. Haters.
  • LuccyH
    LuccyH Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude, don't worry about others, you doing great, you exercise and you also enjoy food. They are just jealous because they hate to it their weight watcher ''healthy'' stuff. Have a nice workout.:wink:
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You've gone from a 14 to a 6?

Then their treatment of you is jealousy, pure and simple

You should tell them to wear green as it's slimming and it will match their faces :)

Also, hum this around them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3pGsFmmSLk (A LOT!)

and stop putting up with this obnoxious behavior from them!

^^^ Definitely, without a shadow of doubt, THIS! ^^^ :smile:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    3 words.

actual bodily harm.

find out where they live and squirt washing detergent under their doors. take screws out of their chairs at work. mail them a picture of a horses head. spill your coffee on them and laugh.

totally works. true story.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Two words...Superiority Complex
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just wanted to say firstly well done on such an achievement!! 32lbs and dropping that many dress sizes is something most people can only dream of.

All I'm hearing from what you say about them is jealousy- jealously that you've got the motivation and gaule to stick with something that works for you and be successful with it. I bet they wish they could stray away from their 'diets' and get the results you have, but I bet they just don't have the will power.

You are doing just great, be proud and do not let them knock you!!!

Keep it up :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Some people do it for other reasons.
    Maybe they are losing weight the wrong way and dont look good naked!
    That pisses them off!
    People get poor results from poor diet and exercise and they watch someone like you killing it everyday!
    People get jealous!

I often get into heated debates over the Low cal Vs high cal way of life and my argument always comes back to body composition.
    The people who eat more to lose the weight almost always look better naked over the low cal dieters!
    And that pisses them off!
    So they feel better bashing others.

Just do this next time you see them!
    iOVlpmmRzG54U-1.gif
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed you kept your cool. Being ok with them making such rude comments and picking up your containers and shaking them. I would have ended up in a fight. Love your attitude and approach, offering them a chance to try what you're doing. They probably aren't losing the weight they want, and are jealous of you. I'd ignore them myself, if I didn't get into a fight, and just keep on doing what you're doing. 14 to a 6 is a big difference, and if they cant give you the support you'd give them, they aren't worth the energy of thought. Good luck to you, and show up to that Christmas party, proud and loaded with your great food to share. Hope everything works out for ya.
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a size 14 to a size 6.

You have proof that what you are doing works. Therefore comments about "weird and strange food" and anything else are invalid. Don't waste time over-thinking the reasons people say such things.
  • emily_bird
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your accomplishment! Everyone is at different stages and levels, and to achieve your goal - whatever size you are or were, is something to be valued. Feel good about yourself because of that.It takes dedication to maintain your discipline to have your way of life.

If they're treating you so unkindly, they just aren't nice people. They're possible jealous of you because of your success or the way that you look. They might view you as a threat and be competitive. It doesn't matter what you do - until they get their own self image and mentality right, then they'll have these reactions to other people as well. When people act this way, it often gives them a "boost' or makes them feel good about themselves.

Keep your chin up and continue acting with the class that you've already shown, because at the end of the day, we're all accountable for own actions. You're already walking with grace in your steps , so don't worry about them.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    One word: jealously!!!

Well done, you've worked hard :)
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow. Those are some seriously bitter people.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    The weight watchers people are probably jealous that they are eating cardboard like food instead of actual food like you.

They are also probably jealous that you aren't doing things there way.. that you are doing things your way, and got results doing it.

Ignore them and keep doing what you do.
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'll mention this here, too: what they are doing is called harassment and is grounds for a report to your HR person. Don't be afraid to mention it. That should get them to stop pretty quick.

While you're at it, print out a before/ after collage of yourself and tape it to your lunch box. Ha! Take that!
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You lost 32lb, gone from a size 14 to a size 6 and the gym has asked you for a testimonial.
    That sounds like a success story to me. So what is that emotion that makes some people critical of successful people? - Jealousy isn't it? I wouldn't bother talking about diets with those two. Actually I wouldn't bother talking to them about anything.
  • siouan
    siouan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'll mention this here, too: what they are doing is called harassment and is grounds for a report to your HR person.

Exactly my thought too. It's pure jealously, and what they are doing is just like kids in school picking on somebody different who doesn't play their way.

Your acheivements are fantastic. Keep doing things your way and leave the haters far behind you! If they can't be nice then they don't deserve your attention.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    They can't see a difference? You went from a 14 to a 6 and they can't see much of a change?

LOLZ.

People. I swear. Don't let them tear you down. I know it's easier said than done but just call them out right now, today. When they touch your food containers, take them back out of their hands and inform them that it's YOUR food, do not touch it. That makes me want to get stabby for you.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I actually believe this is a form of harassment (which is illegal) at the very least a form for work place bullying. This is unacceptable behavior for your co-workers and should be reported!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Well, you can't argue with results, and you have had some wonderful results! You are way too nice, I wouldn't let them touch my food, especially when they are insulting you while doing it! I agree, it's a hostile work environment. The next time they are harassing you let them know you don't appreciate it, then if they do it again let your manager know. Keep up the great work!