What is your routine?

Options
i would love to hear what others are doing for their workout routines. I do cardio 6 days a week and strength train 6 days a week, alternating upper and lower and abs I do everyday! I was thinking of alternating cardio with strength training and on the strength training day, doing compound sets to work upper and lower.

Looking to spice things up and would love to get others input.

Replies

• sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I attend a Zumba class twice a week and alternate between my treadmill and elliptical the other days. I have been taking Fridays and Sundays off just so I don't start to hate the routine of it. You sound like you have a routine that works for you. I believe I read somewhere that any workout is a good workout!
  • kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    Options
    mondays and wednesdays i go to cardio kickboxing and then i go to the gym right after and do 30 mins of cardio. every other day of the week i try to do an hour at the gym and run/walk at least 1-2 miles. the weekends are usually my free time to rest. but for school my internship is at a nursing facility and its tons of heavy lifting and walking and running and just total body movement so I dont feel bad if i miss a day at the gym :)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I mix it up a lot. This last week I was (am still) doing 30day shred level 3 then I alternate between level 1 and 2 right after. I run/jog at least 2 miles everyday and do yoga or pilates. Today I did 30day shred level 3, metabolism melt down, and yoga melt down, with a 2 mile walk. Variety is the spice of life :wink: keep it mixed and you will not get bored and neither will your muscles :wink:

WTG on your weight loss!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I mix it up, until finals are over I am running 20-30 minutes a day with full body weights 3 days a week, zumba two days and spinning 2 days. Sometimes I take one of my zumba off or do yoga- depends on how i feel.
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For my routine....
    I try to do Zumba 5 days a week 2 for sure then i do "turbo kick" twice a week with one day being a Skinny Jean routine and the other day is cardio with kickboxing moves and i usually do 2of the 3 strength training in "cardio pump" but i have dropped that class to use our Strive room and use the machines .. and sometimes after my classes are done ill walk/jog the track about a mile or untill one of my kids classes are done... i usually take the wkend off too just to rest

high five to you mom020305 for losing 60lb!! keep it up it seems your routine is working for you
  • tbirdie1
    tbirdie1 Posts: 7
    Options
    I like your workout schedule. I'm into running and have done a few half marathons, but I feel like I need to mix it up and lately it seems like I"m running too much and not getting results. I have the 'shred' DVD and did it once last week, I was sore! It was good! I also took yoga class. do you think If i cut back on the running miles and incorporate other things I will have better luck?
  • tbirdie1
    tbirdie1 Posts: 7
    Options
    What is Zumba?
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Zumba is an aerobic fitness program created by Miami-based dancer and choreographer Beto Perez and two entrepreneurs, Alberto Perlman and Alberto Aghion. It originated in Colombia in the 1990s and as of 2009[update] is taught by some 20,000 instructors in 35 countries.[1][2]

Classes use music based on salsa, merengue, cumbia, reggaeton, calypso, soca, samba, African, cha cha, hip hop and other music.[1] Classes are offered for all ages and abilities, with traditional Zumba, Zumba Gold (for seniors or beginners), Zumbatonic (for kids), Aqua Zumba (in the pool), and Zumba Toning.

look up on youtube Zumba and watch the videos... its addicting!!! i <3 Zumba
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    In an ideal week I swim Mon, Wed and Fri for an hour and on Tues and Thurs I do eliptical or bike and weights, On the weekends I rest.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Mine is simple. I do the walk at home exercise videos by Leslie Sansone. Its a combo of cardio, strength, and even yoga. I love them.
  • TanRobins
    TanRobins Posts: 44
    Options
    Currently I work out about 1 hr each day M-F with my husband after work and one more time for 1 1/2 -2 hrs on either Sat or Sun. Right now we are doing Insanity M,W,F and weights at the gym T,TH. On the weekends I either run or use the elliptical or both.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I started out just doing aerobics 3 days a week. Now I'm running 3 days a week and doing Yoga after (it's great for stretching out sore muscles). I also do aerobics, strength training, and Pilates 2 days a week. I give myself weekends off to rest. I've basically lost the fat I wanted to lose. Now I'm trying to work on firming up my bum, thighs, arms, and abs.
  • chirokelly
    Options
    I lift weights (slow & controlled til it burns baby) 4 days per week, rotating 3 workouts: shlds/arms/abs, chest/back, legs (I also do a light cardio workout on those days - run 1-3 mi). I usually have 1-2 days of cardio only when I run 4 mi or an hour on elliptical. I have 1 day of rest. To keep things interesting, I change my ipod songs frequently!
  • mom020305
    mom020305 Posts: 33
    Options
    This is great! It is nice to hear what other people do and get some ideas! I haven't been to get to classes in a week since the playroom for the kids flooded! So once that opens up I am back to my classes, I get so bored so quick on cardio machines!

I just need a better strength training workout!!
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week, with 1-2 days of rest (2 for the weeks I work out more intensely). Right now my split with lifting (I pair them so I can alternate body parts with min rest btwn sets, more cardio! :smile: ) is:

- Monday- 30 minutes jumping rope, chest/biceps (~30 mins)
    -Tuesday- shoulders/plyometric jumps (~45 mins)
    -Wednesday- 45 minutes cardio
    -Thursday- 30 mins row or jumping rope, Back/triceps, abs (with weights) (~45 mins)
    -Friday- 60 mins spin class, legs (~30 mins)
    -Saturday- rest/light yoga (active rest)
    -Sunday- 60 minutes cardio, abs (w/ Balance Ball)

I like changing it up every 2-3 weeks, so after next week, I'll do a couple weeks of more strength building (lower rep/heavier lifting with a little less cardio), and then a couple weeks of toning/endurance (higher rep/lighter weight lifting with more cardio)

It's so fun to read other people's workouts and gets ideas, thanks everyone for sharing! :flowerforyou: