Breakfast Ideas????

Options
2»

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Combine 2 scrambled eggs (or egg whites) & a little milk in a coffee cup, microwave for 30-60 seconds. You can add a little cheese or salsa for variety. Quick & you get protein!

This. I do it everyday, add shredded cheese and bacon bits. Fast and easy

I need to try this, as I was thinking of doing this already.
  • Karaboo
    Karaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been having the Nature Valley peanut butter & dark chocolate protein bars in the a.m. when I get to work. I just keep a stash at my desk. They have 10 grams of protein so they keep me full until lunch time & they taste good! :)
  • arcticlynx1
    arcticlynx1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been doing sauteed onion (lots), bacon or sausage crumbles, a slight amount of hard cheese, bell peppers, liquid egg whites, one egg, salt, pepper. Get it all together and cook on low until the egg is cooked through on both sides (flip halfway). Pretty good. It is a variation of a Farmers Omelet with potato, which we omitted due to carb concerns.

(A basic Farmers Omelet is meat (bacon/sausage/ham), potato, egg, that is cooked in a cast iron skillet. It is like a quiche, but is not baked, and no milk or water are added to the eggs. The theory of a farmers omelet is that a farmer makes the basic variation, and tosses what ever leftovers/scraps/produce/veggies that he has available in the fridge.)
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    cold mornings...
    1/2 cup quick oats, 1/2 scoop choc protein powder 1 cup water..micro for 1 minute
    add 1 tsp of peanut butter and 1 banana..so good and so filling!
    This sounds sooo good!! Oatmeal never fills me up. I bet with the protein powder, PB, and banana it would!
  • charl2712
    charl2712 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    woo thank you for everyones' responses, it's given me loads of insight into what is quick and convenient, but also healthy!!!