Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Amen.
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I definitely have people like this in my life. The best is now that I've reached a healthy weight people what to know what I "DID" like it's some big secret. I tell them I kept track of what I ate using MFP and that I burned more calories then I was consuming. They get all annoyed that I didn't do HCG or something because surely that would mean there's an easy way to do it. Luckily my sister uses MFP too and has also lost weight the right way, so we sit around and discuss being healthy and it's fun!

I went to buy some new clothes this weekend because I reached the 20lbs mark,and the lady at the shop was like, "How did you do it?!" and I just told her, exercise and eating right. She looked at me and said she "couldn't" excercise, and that she's now on some diet restricting blah blah blah....I just nodded and smiled. I find some people always have an excuse to not do something....
  • madgoth
    madgoth Posts: 60
    Options
    Some people just aren't there yet. It took me a long time to get into the frame of mind where I realized it was all up to me. I think many people get stuck in denial that it is their job to take control of what goes in. The happiest I have felt is when I realize that I was choosing to eat the healthy thing, or saying no to something that added no value.

It is hard to get to where most of us are. But I agree that it is maddening to have to listen to them complaining and whining about feeling deprived or not having time or whatever. I am finding out that I have to make time for doing exercise because it is a priority for me.