Getting Married, losing weight!!! :)

Options
I am just beginning my life! :) I am getting married, graduating college, and losing 80 pounds! :) I am so excited, and I hope that this time I can actually do it! :) I would love a buddy if anyone is interested!

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Congrats! and you CAN do it!
  • dmmfan2
    dmmfan2 Posts: 14
    Options
    when are you getting married? I myself am trying to lose weight for myself and for my wedding. Good Luck you can do it!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I'll be your buddy! I'm Lisa, 45 years old, & have to lose about 14 more pounds to get to my goal. (already lost 12.1) At my gym I joined "The Biggest Winner" contest so I'm highly motivated to drop weight. There is a 2,500 dollar prize if my team wins! Here's my advice....drink water till you pop. NEVER have soda's, not even diet. Eat small portions, but frequently throughout the day. Don't starve yourself. Eat at least one Luna Bar a day to cover the sweet cravings. (Wallmart sells them for 98 cents a piece) Eat mostly chicken and fish. Don't eat at fast food places unless it's for a salad. Every now and then allow yourself a small serving of red meat (if you like that sort of thing) Serving sizes of meat shouldn't be bigger than the palm of your hand. Buy some new work out clothes. If you look good, you feel good about yourself. Exercise at least 2 hours a day. Doesn't have to be all at once. For example, at work I walk both of my breaks (30 minutes) then I walk my 30 minute lunch. So I have 1 hour of exercise done before I even hit the gym!! Invest in really good work out shoes. Eat plenty of veggies and prepair them in different ways so you don't get tired of them. Keep your eye on the goal and realize that your mind is way stronger than the hand you use to shove food in your mouth. Be determined! Be mindful of every bite you put in your mouth. Try not to eat after 6:30 PM at night. Eat a small apple every day. Has lots of fiber and is really good for you. Fill yourself with food that has nutritional value. That way you stay full longer. Do you have any advice for me?
  • marcher23
    Options
    congrats. I'm trying to lose 50-70 pounds and need a support system and I am interested if you are. I just need advice and recipes if ya have some. I'm just starting out slowly. I switched to diet soda which is amazing and try to drink a lot of water through out the day. Well hopefully you will write back and talk. Peace
  • niccup
    niccup Posts: 32
    Options
    Thats awesome and congrats!!!! I, too, am getting married. I have been a member for 6 month or so and mfp is a great tool. I am easily unmotivated at times and i binge eat, especially sugar! Obviously i am working on both those and its a great help to have people to chat to. Keeping track becomes really easy too. Anyway, WELCOME:flowerforyou:
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    We should start a Wedding Group, I am getting married next September and have about 30 lbs to lose and actually keep off this time.
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Same here! I wanna walk down that aisle in November 60 pounds lighter. I'm shooting to be around 100-105 pounds. Good luck ladies! :)
  • widethighs
    Options
    I'm getting married also in August and thats what I am shooting for. Good Luck!!! It's so hard for me
  • dnsnowden
    Options
    Would love it if we started a wedding group. I am getting married on July 31st!
  • Roma_Tee
    Roma_Tee Posts: 38
    Options
    Not getting married yet but I am graduating this May. I am also looking forward to losing a minimum of 80lbs. We can do it!!! I don't have a choice:) I ordered my bridesmaids dress a size smaller for some EXTRA motivation for this summer.
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember doing the wedding weight loss thing, too...

I found that most of my weight came off in the two weeks before the wedding. 14 lbs in those two weeks. Lots of stress, lots of running around, no time to eat, as I was working full time until three days before the wedding.
  • lemchan
    lemchan Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey!! I'm getting married on April 10th!! 3 weeks!!! :) What about you?
  • dmmfan2
    dmmfan2 Posts: 14
    Options
    Sept 18th for me...I also ordered my dress smaller for motivation. I went down 3 inches in a month so I am going for that goal of a smaller waist.