I'VE HAD IT!

Options

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    It came a few years ago. I was excited to finally see "Honk If You're Horny" at the local movie theater. You might remember it, starring Faye Dunaway and Pauly Shore.

When I asked for my ticket, the kid at the window said that he had to check with the manager first. So, then, the manager comes over and tells me, "I'm terribly sorry, sir, but I'm afraid our facilities are not equipped to meet your needs."

:huh:

When I asked what he meant by that, he replied, "What I'm saying, sir, is that a man of your carriage couldn't possibly fit in our seats." I offered to sit in the aisle, but he said that it would violate the fire code.

Then, some guy standing by the door yelled, "Hey, Fatty! I've got a movie for ya: A Fridge Too Far!" as everyone outside the theater began to laugh at me. The manager sensed my rising anger, and tried to placate me with a free garbage bag full of popcorn. Before leaving with what little dignity I had remaining, I told him, "This may surprise you, but you can't buy me off with food. I'm sick of all your stereotypes and cheap jokes! The overweight individuals in this country are just as smart and talented and hard working as everybody else. And they're going to make their voices heard!"

Today, my voice is heard, here on MyFitnessPal.

This just made my whole day....possibly my life.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    It came a few years ago. I was excited to finally see "Honk If You're Horny" at the local movie theater. You might remember it, starring Faye Dunaway and Pauly Shore.

When I asked for my ticket, the kid at the window said that he had to check with the manager first. So, then, the manager comes over and tells me, "I'm terribly sorry, sir, but I'm afraid our facilities are not equipped to meet your needs."

When I asked what he meant by that, he replied, "What I'm saying, sir, is that a man of your carriage couldn't possibly fit in our seats." I offered to sit in the aisle, but he said that it would violate the fire code.

Then, some guy standing by the door yelled, "Hey, Fatty! I've got a movie for ya: A Fridge Too Far!" as everyone outside the theater began to laugh at me. The manager sensed my rising anger, and tried to placate me with a free garbage bag full of popcorn. Before leaving with what little dignity I had remaining, I told him, "This may surprise you, but you can't buy me off with food. I'm sick of all your stereotypes and cheap jokes! The overweight individuals in this country are just as smart and talented and hard working as everybody else. And they're going to make their voices heard!"

This just made my whole day....possibly my life.
    Glad to hear it, sister!
  • somalysok
    Options
    Sigh .. I've had it moment . Hmm there's plenty of that especially when I'm going to a b-day party or out with my bf I want to look nice but nothing ever looks nice on me , I spend hours contemplating on what to wear . I always have to get ready 2 - 3 hours ahead so that way I can figure out what doesnt makes me look bigger than I already am . It's hard...

This one happens all the time , when I go over to my bf's family house , it's embarrassing because they're all smaller than me and most of the time they make comments about my weight and it hurts , I know they're just joking and stuff but really hate hearing it . Sometimes it makes me want to cry . Another one is when my boyfriend and I get in an argument about something he would win most of the time by making fun of my weight , which is messed up I know .... That makes me not want to eat and I actually don't eat for a couple days because of what he says . But sometimes I would argue back and say " you must be skinny then if your calling me fat " because he has a belly but he isn't as big as I am but still.. He shouldn't call me fat no matter what.. But dont worry he doesn't anymore because we talked about name calling .
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    THE BLUE JEANS!! Ok, so here is the story, my ex husband and I were getting ready to go through a divorce. I was cleaning my room and found a pair of jeans that WERE NOT mine. At this point it was an eyeroll, I had asked him not to have his girlfriend over when I was at work (he obviously wasnt respectful of that) So i figured id be nice, instead of shredding the jeans, I washed them and folded them and waited for the next time she came to pick him up. I went up to her car, gave her the jeans and told her, do what you feel you want to do, but dont you EVER do it here again. then i turned and walked away. Halfway back to the house I heard her call out my ex's name. He walked over and I could here her state "THESE ARE NOT MY JEANS!" I was rolling, karma finally had a little shot...he tried to tell her that they were an old pair of my jeans, I was mistaken. the girlfriend looked at the tag, then looked at me and went "Not in that size" I picked up the jeans and went back to the house...she was right, not in that size...yet. I kept the jeans :) Soon that WILL BE my size.
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I was in total denial. For my size, I thought that I felt pretty good. I was an expert at hiding myself away. I didn't DARE look at the scale and then I had a doctor's appointment and weighed in at 300 lbs! Cried a little...and then said "Forget it! I am changing this now!" That was 154 pounds ago! I now weigh less than what I have lost! Its been 18 months of hard work but I am NEVER going back to how my life was before!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    When my ex and I were fighting. He looked at me and Said you really let yourself go. That was in April the day I kicked him out of my house. But it got the fire burning inside me. Cause today I have lost 51 pounds and counting. So he never see the end results. But I'm happy now. Peace
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tcg11225
    Options
    Mine was when my son had to defend me at school because his classmates were making fun of my weight. It was terrible looking at his hurt and sad little face when he told me about what happened. I realized then that my decision to be overweight affected him just as much as myself.
  • autumn_duo
    autumn_duo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What a motivating thread !!!

Like another poster, I have had a string of moments....

Clothes not fitting, moving from small to medium to large, from size 6 jeans to who-knows what size because I won't even wear jeans anymore
    Avoiding my life-long friend because I spent years as the skinny one, then I gained a ton of weight and she lost a ton of weight, so I am too embarrassed and ashamed to see her
    Looking at myself in pictures and being mortified (in the RARE occasion that I allowed myself to be in a photo)
    Avoiding the doctor because I don't want to get weighed

So many...
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I had a mini melt down when I stepped on a scale after graduating law school and realized that with a year and a half until my wedding I had managed to creep up to 225 lbs. I joined a boot camp, started running and by the time my wedding rolled around had lost 20, was feeling pretty good about myself (and still love my wedding photos). The year after that I stopped weighing in regularly and stopped tracking my food, though I did keep running and even worked up to a marathon - though not well...not well at all. I think my "I've had it moment" was when, 13 months after my wedding and 2 weeks after my marathon (when I'd told myself that I MUST be even more fit than pre-wedding), I got weighed for a physical at my doctor's office and I weighed in at 232 lbs, not only had I gained back ALL the weight that I'd lost pre-wedding but an extra 7 lbs besides!

I was angry, I was tired of fooling myself because I certainly wasn't fooling anyone around me. In the last 13 months I've dropped 44lbs with no yo-yoing, dropped 21.5 inches off c/w/h (3 sizes!) and more importantly, I've shaved a whole minute off my per km running time and took an hour and 37 minutes off my marathon time when I finished my second marathon this year. This is the me I want to be, fit and happy!
  • skittles1928
    skittles1928 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Ha ha ha, I knew I knew that from somewhere.
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    My moment was when I got my biometrics done at the beginning of the American Heart Association, Go Red For Women, BetterU program I was chosen to participate in. For the 4th time...my cholesterol was sky high. The denial and procrastination ended at that moment. If I didn't fix it now, it was gonna kill me.

*sidenote... after 12 weeks I got my triglycerides down from a very scary 308 to a healthy 84!!...lost 16lbs in the process*
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Mine was a horrible picture. I knew I was fat, but I didn't realize how fat until I saw the unedited photo. :noway:
  • DoriGaga
    Options

I totally read that in all of their voices!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Never had it, never will.
  • mkanak
    mkanak Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    when I saw a picture of myself!
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Pictures, clothes not fitting and then the biggest # I've seen on the doctors office scale. Ahh. So glad I finally worked up the courage to do something about it!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I went sailing. I realized how amazingly strong I finally was again. We won the race. An all girl team. I was untouchable and happier than Ive ever been.

Til I saw the pictures from that day and had no idea there was such an enormous and horrifying disconnect between what I felt like and who I was and how I physically existed on this planet. It crushed me.

So I lost a hundred pounds, cut my body fat % in half and made my outside look like my inside.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    When I realized that I would probably have to have spinal fusion (like my dad) sooner or later and/or end up in a wheelchair sooner or later. I am 31, I don't want that to happen in the next 20 years. Also when it was hard to pass the easy as hell fitness qualifications at work.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    THE BLUE JEANS!! Ok, so here is the story, my ex husband and I were getting ready to go through a divorce. I was cleaning my room and found a pair of jeans that WERE NOT mine. At this point it was an eyeroll, I had asked him not to have his girlfriend over when I was at work (he obviously wasnt respectful of that) So i figured id be nice, instead of shredding the jeans, I washed them and folded them and waited for the next time she came to pick him up. I went up to her car, gave her the jeans and told her, do what you feel you want to do, but dont you EVER do it here again. then i turned and walked away. Halfway back to the house I heard her call out my ex's name. He walked over and I could here her state "THESE ARE NOT MY JEANS!" I was rolling, karma finally had a little shot...he tried to tell her that they were an old pair of my jeans, I was mistaken. the girlfriend looked at the tag, then looked at me and went "Not in that size" I picked up the jeans and went back to the house...she was right, not in that size...yet. I kept the jeans :) Soon that WILL BE my size.

This totally made me laugh. Good for you!