NSV Fail :-(

A few years ago when I "first" lost weight I did it through pure calorie counting, so of course I was still chubby and "soft". Still, because I went from a size 12 to an 8 I thought I'd give a bikini a try. I ordered this hot red two piece from Victoria Secret but was soooooo disappointed when I tried it on that I shoved it in a drawer never to be seen again.....I eventually went back to my normal (bad) eating and stopped exercising and went up to a size 10. Once none of my clothes fit I decided it was time to make a REAL change.

15 pounds and many inches later, through macro maintenance, I'm back at my original weight loss BUT the bikini I've been working sooooo hard to look good in is now TOO BIG!!! For years this bikini has been sitting in my drawer and when I finally have the body and the courage to wear it out its TOO BIG!.....Oh well, guess I'll have to goooooo SHOPPING lol

Replies

• GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    I feel your pain! I have to buy a new suit too! and new pants! Suits are hard to find!!!!
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    A few years ago when I "first" lost weight I did it through pure calorie counting, so of course I was still chubby and "soft". Still, because I went from a size 12 to an 8 I thought I'd give a bikini a try. I ordered this hot red two piece from Victoria Secret but was soooooo disappointed when I tried it on that I shoved it in a drawer never to be seen again.....I eventually went back to my normal (bad) eating and stopped exercising and went up to a size 10. Once none of my clothes fit I decided it was time to make a REAL change.

15 pounds and many inches later, through macro maintenance, I'm back at my original weight loss BUT the bikini I've been working sooooo hard to look good in is now TOO BIG!!! For years this bikini has been sitting in my drawer and when I finally have the body and the courage to wear it out its TOO BIG!.....Oh well, guess I'll have to goooooo SHOPPING lol

lol I love this, even tho ur like crap this sucks but then ur like oh well now I can get a better bathing suite!!! awesome job girl
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Thanks guys!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    I don't consider that a fail at all :-) Congrats!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Well, if you're going to have a NSV fail, that's one to have. Congrats on the progress!
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    can i ask what NSV stands for ? keep seeing it around these boards :)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Send me that bikini!! Lol JK Way to go on your loss!!! :drinker:
  • lol! that's a great NSV Fail! Good work!
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    It means Non Scale Victory.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    I was expecting to read about a real fail! haha! This would be a good fail!! :-) Sucks that you didn't get to wear it but that just means you get to go shopping and rock a new bikini! Nice job.
  • If that's an NSV fail, then I want to FAIL, too! Great job! Agreed that it sucks you can't wear the bikini, but just think how much fun shopping will be! CONGRATS...great job! You have every right to be proud of your success! Flaunt it in the new bikini you purchase!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    I would call that a win - not a fail!!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Oh what a shame you have lost to much to fit ina bikini THAT IS AMAZING Well done hunni xxxxx
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    It IS a shame to "miss" your window for an item, but good that you have had such success!
  • Csengure
    Csengure Posts: 40 Member
    "Have to" go shopping, eh? Oh, the sacrifices we make! ;)

Nicely done!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    "Have to" go shopping, eh? Oh, the sacrifices we make! ;)

Nicely done!

hahaha I know right! Unfortunately because of other priorities I haven't been able to go shopping since I lost weight, so I have no idea what size I am now. Even though I still have a ways to go body composition wise I am SUPER appreciative of where I'm at now and how far I've come to get here! Thanks MFP for all the support!
  • BehindtheScenes
    BehindtheScenes Posts: 38 Member
    Please, if that's a "fail," sign me up for failure!
  • Zedusa
    Zedusa Posts: 31 Member
    That's an Awesome fail!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!