Ladies: Any suggestions on a good sports bra?

Options

Replies

• MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Old Navy, believe it or not. The support is awesome and they are super comfortable!
    Yea i got mine from old navy too, very comfortable, affordable and they get the job done. no jiggle jiggle
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Target has a really nice compression bra that I like. (double up for kickboxing though :o))
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    BEST I I'VE FOUND!.
    I'm a 38 DD and just ran my first Half Marathon and LOVE it..

Under Amour - Women's Armour Bra
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    New Balance or Under Armo...spendy but worth it...i love mine
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Moving Comfort Fiona bra. It's lightweight and fits like a glove. Super supportive!! I wear a regular 36DD, but I ordered a 36D and there is no bounce!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    The best one I have that had the padded straps, very secure and yet it doesn't create the boob pancake was from Walmart.
    Under $20
  • DaraEden
    DaraEden Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing sports bras since I was nine and the best one is the shock absorber run! just make sure to get measured properly before you invest.
    It's worth spending money on, you can work out all you want without worrying that they will sag. Just sayin'
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well I am a cheapskate hehe... I wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it. I have DD's and just a sports bra can not contain my lady lumps.... I'd come home from my runs with black eyes =P
  • locstar22
    Options
    I am a top heavy runner as well :) Honestly, I haven't wanted to try or invest in an expensive sports bra yet. SO, I wear a full coverage bra with no wires (just my size etc.) and a target/walmart sports bra over it..works great. But, thanks for the leads ladies...
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    try duct tape... i heard it has 1001 uses
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Sainsburys ones are really good. I am 34DD and find them comfy and very supportive and best of all not megga expensive.
  • broomykm
    broomykm Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your quest. I have found a couple over the years that work pretty well for a while, then they stretch out of shape and I'm back to the old drawing board. My best long term solution is very simply to wear the sports bra over the top of my underwire support bra.
  • nevara
    Options
    I've only been able to find one good one. It's a Champion and was about $65.

I'm a 32D and just can't find any good ones with enough support and a small enough band.

Normally I have to go to the specialty bra shops as most places dont have my size. However, I did try the Champion bras once and found them to be alright for low to moderate impact activities.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    If you are A-D, you can get one anywhere.

If you are larger, a good department store like Nordstrom's or a specialty bra boutique is the way to go. If Nordstrom doesn't have it in the store, they can order it for you.

In sports bras, I am currently wearing the brand Anita Active, and I cannot recommend it to you enough. It is like my favorite thing in my life. I am size 32H.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum on sports bra needs-- no boobies no problem. I have a sweet victoria's secret one that would probably work for a busty lady too. VSX. You order by regular bra (band and cup) size, which is nice. Great fit and comfort and wider straps that what I usually get. They are about 50, but I'm hoping the quality makes it last as long as their regular bras.
  • Stella2070
    Stella2070 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well I am a cheapskate hehe... I wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it. I have DD's and just a sports bra can not contain my lady lumps.... I'd come home from my runs with black eyes =P

Same here, except I substitute the second bra with a "one size too small" spandex t-shirt or tank. I buy mine at Walmart. The big honking bras that come in a box with the 3 or 4 hooks in the back, 18 hour, cross-your- heart, pointy madonnaesq nipples (glad that one guy finally left so i can say nipples without blushing). I add the t-shirt or tank to help make the points not-so-pointy. Talk about no bounce! Added bonus? These bras don't give you the "all squished together flattened out across your whole chest" unaboob! Priced below $20 and often around $12 because they are always on markdown!
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's times like this I love my 32 AA
  • nerdlyness
    nerdlyness Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Enell - they are pricey, but the 42G's DO NOT move!:laugh:

Enell Bra's all the way. I'm a 38DDD and I do finess and running with NO BOUNCE in these suckers.

Tried Moving Comfort and I was sore afterward. Nothing compares to Enell!

It's an investment that is worth the price. They sell them on Ebay for $40 with defects. A snag here or there supposedly...I have yet to find a defect and I have 3 of them from this method.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Title Nine! They have different cup sizes and the barbell standard (how supportive they are).
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I wear Moving Comfort as well (though there's not much left to move since I've lost weight!) I sometimes find them pretty cheap at City Sports though it's usually the colors I wouldn't prefer.