How can we push ourselves???

Options
After work I just want to go home and lay down.....I tried setting a time and sticking to it but sometimes I just don't want to get up....I have been trying and walking in place and even went to a park on some nice days to walk around the lake....What can I do to motivate myself and keep pushing myself to exercise and get up?

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    60q2.jpg
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    yikes
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    yikes

Haha. Go with Nike, "Just do it"
  • LondonLoser163
    Options
    I use tumblr! It's great for motivational photos, and success stories, personally i love looking at before and afters.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    As soon as I started seeing the scale move I kinda got addicted to working out. I haven't ran in 3 days because of the stomach flu and I am going NUTS! Maybe try recruiting a workout buddy to keep you going? Or find a MFP buddy that will promise to ride your booty till you get your workout in hehe... I have a few of those and they are great about yelling at me if I am a lazy butt!
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm tot ally the same- the minute I'm home from work that's it!! So I work exercise into my 'work day' so everything is done before I even get home. I don't know if this would be possible for you but I walk about 1hr per day as part if my commute to and from work, and I walk fast!! Then on my way home I go to a gym class - I just make it part of my day. That way when I get home I know I can just totally relax :)
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Hahaha!! I am looking for a MFP Buddy to push me!
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    I don't have a gym I try to work out at Home :)
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i am a stay at home mom, so i literally do everything from home and it's hard. but it's all about will power and the hardest part is talking yourself into doing it. once you get past that, working out is the easy part. message me if you need to. :)
  • LupitaWins12
    Options
    Join a gym and go to their fitness classes if they offer any! I take Body Combat, it's like kickboxing, very fun and motivation and you make new gym buddies. :)
  • london24
    Options
    I feel the exact same way!!!! I tell myself everyday that Ill get a 30 min workout in before I pick my son up from daycare!!! but that 30 min naps looks better LoL
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This time of the year go Christmas shopping or atleast go and walk to get ideas. I have had more steps in the past week than I have had in awhile. Exercise is not high on my list to get done. Ignore the option to always do stuff online.

Other shopping:

grocery store: take extra laps
    christmas shopping: do some each day or a few times a week
  • danimal5867
    Options
    When you find a form of exercise that you love, you will make time to get it done. I have become a runner and I will run at any time of day or night. I run when I hurt. I run when I'm sick. I just run. I do it because I enjoy it and I like the results that I am seeing. I also know that if I run, I get to eat more. My diet is currently set for 1790 calories but if I can get a decent run in I can eat the 2000+ calories that I would prefer. Look around and try various forms of exercise. When you find the right one for you, you'll get hooked and it will be much easier to find the time regardless of your schedule.
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Thank you all for the support I Love this site!!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    After work I just want to go home and lay down.....I tried setting a time and sticking to it but sometimes I just don't want to get up....I have been trying and walking in place and even went to a park on some nice days to walk around the lake....What can I do to motivate myself and keep pushing myself to exercise and get up?

Congratulations. You just announced your priorities to the world.

Laying down and doing nothing is more important to you than changing your health, mindset and body.

Swap your priorities. We cant do it for you.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    When you find a form of exercise that you love, you will make time to get it done. I have become a runner and I will run at any time of day or night. I run when I hurt. I run when I'm sick. I just run. I do it because I enjoy it and I like the results that I am seeing. I also know that if I run, I get to eat more. My diet is currently set for 1790 calories but if I can get a decent run in I can eat the 2000+ calories that I would prefer. Look around and try various forms of exercise. When you find the right one for you, you'll get hooked and it will be much easier to find the time regardless of your schedule.

This^^ for me it is Zumba! I would never have expected it. I have no rhythm and 2 left-feet, but I absolutely love Zumba. I work 12 hour shifts(7a-7p) and if I can find a class around 8 am on my work days I will absolutely stay up and go. I also like hiking and will go if its sunny, doesn't have to be warm. On election day a co-worker and I did a 7 mile hike after work, then went to vote. Find what you love and you will find time for it.
  • 1lexisva
    Options

Congratulations. You just announced your priorities to the world.

Laying down and doing nothing is more important to you than changing your health, mindset and body.

Swap your priorities. We cant do it for you.

Kind of Harsh.....I am not looking for anyone to do it for me I am looking for ways to avoid not doing it at all...
  • PamelaDe1323
    PamelaDe1323 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Buy an outfit that you LOVE, spend a little extra money on it, but buy it at your goal size, and let that motavate you!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Find exercise you enjoy You are far more likely to do it if you enjoy it. Have you tried Zumba? It's really fun and doesn't feel like your standard "workout", but burns a lot of calories and is a great energy booster.
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Find exercise you enjoy You are far more likely to do it if you enjoy it. Have you tried Zumba? It's really fun and doesn't feel like your standard "workout", but burns a lot of calories and is a great energy booster.

I haven't tried zumba I just walk in place for 45 minutes and if it is nice out I will walk in the park around the lake