Help with that awkward feeling

Options
2»

Replies

• aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am overweight (for now) but I am also a runner....I just finished my 13th road race (11 5k's, one 10k, and one 5-miler) this past Sunday.

I don't give a crap if people laugh at me...The laugher is probably sitting in their car shoving a donut in their face, so let them laugh. I live in a small-ish urban town and everyone seems to know everyone, at least once or twice every time I run, someone I know beeps and waves....Sometimes I wonder what I must look like 40 lbs overweight and running, what the hell is jiggling and wiggling on my body. But those jiggle wiggles will soon be gone and and I hope I will be an inspiration to all those fat laughers....

Amen!
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You're running to get yourself to a more healthy state, it's all for yourself. Don't think of others.
  • LakeSideAsylum
    Options
    A few weeks ago, I saw a very overweight woman running. She was struggling, jiggling, and in general, running very awkwardly. However, As I got closer, I could read her T-shirt, and it said, " I'm 45. I am 70 lbs overweight. I have bad knees. BUT I AM RUNNING. What's your excuse?"

She's my G-D warrior hero, and she's fabulous. Get it, HDimple.

I absolutely love this! What an inspiration.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I saw a shirt that on the back said "50, fat, diabetic, ahead of you" :laugh:
  • skittles1928
    skittles1928 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Anyone who does laugh at your isn't worth your time. Most people will respect you, though.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    no one is that interested in what you are doing.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Just do it! I don't think anyone will laugh at you and if they do that is on them. Not running because of fear means nothing will change. At least you are taking steps to bettering your health.

Please don't let what someone may or may not do stop you. Chances are anyone out there will the either be thinking 'Good for her' or they will be so busy thinking about their goals they won't even notice you.

:flowerforyou: