Sugar From Fruit.

Options
Im going over each day on my sugar, and this is because of fruit that I'm eating.. Should just ignore this?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should keep track of the Added sugar you actually put in stuff.. now that doesn't mean eat buckets of fruit as it has calories in it too... but most people ignore the natural sugar in it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Unless you're diabetic, sugar is irrelevant. You already track carbs, sugar is just a carb, why track it twice?
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Obligatory response: Sugar is sugar. It matters more to some people than others. If you are diabetic or insulin resistant, pay attention to sugar. If not, ignore it.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    For anyone over-weight, sugar IS very relevant. There's nothing wrong with fruit, however too much fructose does effect our body (or at least mine, and many other people) negatively. The same wonderful things that are in fruit are also in vegetables most of which have far less sugar. Of the fruit, the best are berries, both for low sugar and high anit-oxidants.

Only you know whether you should limit your fruit. Are you having trouble losing weight and do you struggle with hunger? Are you sedentary or very active? If the fruit is causing you no negative issues, then keep eating as much as you want. Since it causes me negative issues, I limit my fruit intake, but still get everything I need from vegetables.
  • angusmike
    Options
    Try diffferent fruits; apples have slow release carbs that don't seem to impact my blood glucose levels; likewise blueberries, strawberries. Quick release sugar/carbs include watermelon, grapes and bananas. I've got Type 2 diabetes, so I watch the carbs/sugars carefully. As such, I rarely go over my target goals and with meds, exercise, and weight loss, I've really stabilized and lowered my blood glucose levels.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at your diary, and I have a feeling you are going over because of the biscuits, not the fruit. ;P
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If you're not diabetic and you're remaining in a calorie deficit, fat oxidation will exceed fat storage. Insulin levels will drop down between feeding and you'll oxidize fat.

Provided you've got the ability to utilize some common sense with food selection, I don't think you're going to have issues with fruit preventing weight loss.

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    For anyone over-weight, sugar IS very relevant. There's nothing wrong with fruit, however too much fructose does effect our body (or at least mine, and many other people) negatively. The same wonderful things that are in fruit are also in vegetables most of which have far less sugar. Of the fruit, the best are berries, both for low sugar and high anit-oxidants.

Only you know whether you should limit your fruit. Are you having trouble losing weight and do you struggle with hunger? Are you sedentary or very active? If the fruit is causing you no negative issues, then keep eating as much as you want. Since it causes me negative issues, I limit my fruit intake, but still get everything I need from vegetables.

Cute puppeh
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    ... The same wonderful things that are in fruit are also in vegetables ...

Hence the overwhelming popularity of celery pie and the absolute plummet in the consumption of apple pie.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Hence the overwhelming popularity of celery pie and the absolute plummet in the consumption of apple pie.

^ ROFL
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Obligatory response: Sugar is sugar. It matters more to some people than others. If you are diabetic or insulin resistant, pay attention to sugar. If not, ignore it.

^^^ This
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

Okay. My first "laugh out loud" moment of the day!
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options

But nowhere near as tasty as a skittles margarita...
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    24033359.jpg
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options

I died laughing on this one
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Im going over each day on my sugar, and this is because of fruit that I'm eating.. Should just ignore this?

First post, one friend, one day's worth of logging, coca cola... I smell a troll.
  • willowfae
    willowfae Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. I avoid fruit as it gives me sugar cravings for chocolate but that's just me.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. I avoid fruit as it gives me sugar cravings for chocolate but that's just me.

Maybe you could try eating chocolate and see if it gives you fruit cravings. Then you could eat vegetables instead since they are just as good as fruit.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary and from the one day you have logged I don't think sugar from fruit is the reason you went over. You should be more concerned about the White bread, chocolate spread, chocolate brownies, coke, custard cream, and fruit in a can you had then the one apple. Maybe you should focus on 'cleaning' up your diet and watching your sodium levels.

If you are looking for helpful ways to start the journey towards a healthy life feel free to add me. There are so many people on here who would love to help coach you and encourage you along the way.

**Could this be the first of 'New Years Resolutioners' or someone out to cause a form uproar?
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I keep up with carbs... instead of sugar. It actually seems more accurate. The real concern is added sugar... as there is sugar in almost everything.