Find Your "Happy Weight"

Options
http://www.self.com/health/2008/01/find-your-happy-weight

I found this really interesting. There's also a neat little calculator for figuring out what your 'happy weight' is.

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I did not go read this yet, but I remember reading something in a book about the healthy weight range. Maybe your ideal weight is not one weight, but that range that is considered healthy. I have a goal which is on the high end of my healthy weight range, but I do plan to reevaluate when I hit that goal to see if I am at my "happy weight".
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    cool! my 'happy weight' is my goal weight. :D
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Lol. My "happy weight" is about ten pounds heavier than my goal weight. I thought about it and decided, "You know what? I WOULD be happy at that weight."
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Interesting.... im going to change this to my goal... ;-) thanks
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    cool! my 'happy weight' is my goal weight. :D

Me too.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    But really, what kind of question is "Do you allow yourself a treat now and then?"

I would like to find whoever answers "no" to this and... well... feel sad for them, I suppose.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is only 1.6 lbs less than my happy weight. That's pretty close :happy:
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    According to the calculator, I hit my happy weight with this mornings weigh-in. I wish that it were true, but I'm not quite there yet. But it was very interesting though. :-)
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

I'm about 2 lbs from my "happy weight" and 7 lbs from my goal weight... Which one should I stick with?

I guess it's really not a big deal. 5 lbs is 5 lbs. Do any of you have a goal range that you're hoping to hit? I've been tossing this back and forth, wondering if I should be aiming more for a range, working to not go OVER a certain weight... Any thoughts??
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    My happy weight is 10 pounds away :( I have never been that thin in my life, and honestly I don't know if I could ever get there...
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    My happy weight is 135.

Well, it said 18 was too young, so I put in 25.

Either way, that is way too low in my opinion.

I want to be 150 - 180 ish.

I don't have a goal weight, just an area.
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    I guess I'm a freak because my 'happy weight' is almost 20 lbs BELOW my goal weight! :tongue: But my goal weight is totally in my 'healthy range' (though admittedly at the high end), so I'm not sure why this quiz thinks I need to be much thinner. Oh well! :bigsmile:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    lol.. Well my "happy weight" was 145 pounds and my own personal goal is 150 pounds. I'm gonna have to agree with Courtney, "I've never been that thin in my life!" lol I figured I was pushin it with my goal weight :p.. So, I KNOW I would be happy at 145 lbs, but I think I will be pritty stoked at 150 lbs too.. Thanks for posting! It was interesting to see:huh:
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I read the article a few years back - I think Self articles cycle again and again, honestly! I much prefer Women's Health. But back to the point - I love this calculator. It says my happy weight is 144, 1 pound less than my goal weight of 145.

And I too feel very, very sorry for someone who DOESN'T allow themselves a treat every now and then!
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    That's cool!

My Happy Weight is 65.7kg (145lb) - which is a fraction below my goal of 66. 66 is right at the top of the "healthy" BMI for me but I was really happy and felt very slim at that weight, not borderline overweight like the BMI implies. I was a size 12 then (size 10 US) which was perfect. I'm not meant to be stick-thin (and according to that website have a large frame with a 7" wrist)

YAY!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My happy weight is 15 lbs under my goal weight.

But I am cool with that.
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    Holy crudmonkeys!!!

My happy weight is 152.1 pounds... My goal weight is 145. The weight my Sergeant thinks should be my goal weight for optimal awesomeness is 135.

So I have no idea what number I should go by...
  • missar
    missar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My happy weight is 118.2 lbs, and that is around my goal weight too :)
  • lovelypink13
    Options
    It says im too young but at the age of 25 i should be 125 at happy weight which is my goal.
    thanks for sharing
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Neat! My happy weight is 3 pounds less than my goal that I originally set.