Replies

• nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    MAC n CHEESE with tuna!!!!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I eat it with salad a couple times a week. Either with lettuce, carrots, fake bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese with light ranch dressing, or with lettuce, parmesan cheese, croutons, and light Caesar dressing. It's really good :happy:

I've also mixed it with spicy brown mustard before and that's pretty good too.
  • Kathrynaline
    Options
    saturated fat. Mayo is eggs with a lot of oil. Everything we try to avoid when cooking...
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I use soft tofu in place of mayo and mush it in there with the tuna, onions, boiled egg whites, pepper, a dash of garlic salt and a dash of apple cider vinegar. The tofu kind of tricks your mind into thinking it's mayo and the little tang and moisture you get from the vinegar helps a lot too. :-)
  • cbk93
    cbk93 Posts: 35
    Options
    I like it a few different ways...mix with onion, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, and just a bit of Mayo and eat with celery or saltines or on a bed of lettuce; mix it with veggies and hummus; mix in black olives, onions, jalapenos, cherry tomatoes and top with mozzarella cheese, heat until cheese is melted...so good!
  • IslandRider
    Options
    This sounds disgusting but a friend swore by it. Crushed pineapple mixed with tuna. He was a body builder so I assume he knew what he was doing.

That's what I'm havng for lunch, it's delicious. I also love tuna with hot marinated artichokes and some of the marinade drizzled on it.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    avocado , salt & pepper
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Avacado, tomato, lime juice, and cilantro. It is really yummy. :)
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I saw this on my Sparkpeople Feed this morning. Looks interesting, if nothing else.

A refreshing alternative to tuna salad. Pair with tomatoes and cucumber for a light lunch.

Number of Servings: 4

Ingredients
    2 cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
    1 can white beans or chick peas, drained and rinsed
    1 red bell pepper, diced
    1/4 cup red onion, diced
    1 tbsp olive oil
    juice of 1 lemon

Optional: Parsley, tomatoes, cucumber

Directions

1. Mix ingredients and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
    2. Serve on a bed of greens.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    One light babybel and brown rice
    Greek yogurt
    Avocado
    Salsa
    Mixed veggies
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I just recently tried "Smart Beat" mayonaise. It is only 10 calories. I was nervous that it would taste gross and I was taking it for lunch so I used 1 tbsp smart beat and 1/2 tablespoon regular hellman's mayo and it was fine. Next week I will try just the smart beat.
  • Monie_LG
    Options
    I love adding lemon, garlic, onions, cayenne pepper, hot sauce and freshly grounded pepper. I do add a tiny bit of low fat mayo, but a lot more Dijon mustard to add taste and consistency. Mix that up with lettuce, tomato and cucumbers, add some low fat vinaigrette and it's DELICIOUS!!! :love:
  • jlambertjen5
    jlambertjen5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite (and high protein!) meals an open-faced tuna melt. First, set your oven to broil. Then, mix a can of tuna with fat-free greek yogurt or fat-free cottage cheese, and add approximately 1/2 cup each of chopped celery and shredded carrots. Place a piece of whole wheat bread on a baking sheet, and pile the tuna mixture on top (you will probably have enough tuna for 2 sandwiches, so just save the rest.). Top it with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese, and place the baking sheet in the oven. Watch it closely, and take it out of the oven when the cheese is melted and the bread becomes toasted. Enjoy!
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    1.Onions
    2.Pepper(optional -but does give it flavor)
    3.Garlic
    4.Parsley(optional)
    5.Tomato or Tomato Paste 1/4 tsp
    --Olive oil

--Canned Tuna - half drained

Sautée all 5 ingredients until onions are semi tender in a pan with a bit of olive oil (any oil you use)
    Then add the tuna stir ingredients together (at this point you may add a pinch of tyme for flavoring-not necessary)
    allow to cook for 3-5 minutes
    Ready to serve

Have it over a bed of Brown rice
    In your salad
    Rolled up in Lettuce or cabbage leaves
    In a sandwich
    Or just however you would have tuna

Enjoy!
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    mix it with a pac of cream cheese heat on stove then roll mix in tortilla and make yummy tacos
  • capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    balsamic vinegar and red onion
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i mix with half of a mashed avacado/lime juice/cilantro and black pepper

or i mix with fat free italian dressing

or with dijon mustard
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I hate mayo, but a few months ago I had a random idea of how to make it less dry.

Just use some Tzatziki sauce (easy to make, or you can buy it at grocery stores usually by the specialty cheese) and chop up some celery (gives it awesome crunchy texture). Mix together and throw it in a lettuce wrap, a Flat Out wrap, bread, etc. So delicious.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    These all sound yummy and I will be trying several!