Canned Tuna - Need Suggestions

Options

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I mix two laughing cow cream cheese wedges with it.

great idea!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I wonder if plain greek yogurt would help, or how it would taste??
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    Try this:

several lettuce leaves chopped..................pick the lettuce of your choice..............pinach leaves are good
    1 Roma tomato sliced and chopped
    some vidalia onion ................chopped
    a teaspoon of sweet pickle relish
    1 5 oz. can of tuna

I did add 1 tble spoon of mayo, but you can add your favorite salad dressing - low fat Ranch...........whatever.

I put this on one of those thin wheat bread sandwich things. total calories as I added all this up was 218 cals., and it was yummy.
  • DeeOnAMission
    DeeOnAMission Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I buy the Tuna in oil vs. water, the calorie difference is worth it (read label). It gives for a more moist meal and less fishy I Drain it really well add a half lime, cilantro, onion, tomato, cucumber and lettuce and if you dare add some spicy to it (if you can afford the calories you can add some avocado otherwise without is great) . It makes a gigantic low calorie and delish meal. I pair it with a couple of baked tortilla chips and or low sodium/low fat saltines.

Good luck
  • Sprmc47
    Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I eat is every weekday as my 2pm snack right out of the can after draining at home and putting it in a zip lock in the fridge overnight. Mine doesn't taste dry. All the water never totally gets out and it is so good with soo much protien for not a lot of cals. It's a good choice. It is one of my goto foods on low protein days :-)
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Friends of mine use hummus in tuna salad instead of mayo. Haven't tried it myself, but they seem to really like it.

Anything with hummus is an awesome idea!!

I have tried the laughing cow one, that works really well.
  • mconway79
    mconway79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    on salad. Romaine, cucumber, onion, celery, shredded carrot, some shredded cheese, tuna and my fav low cal dressing
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and Sriacha to taste. On a sandwich, lettuce leaf, crackers, or right out of the bowl!!
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - i need some ideas on this also :-)
  • krissyward
    Options
    i like it with mashed avocado and a little bit of olive oil :)
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • amberlynhelms
    amberlynhelms Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love mustard and dill relish in mine.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I use the marintated packets on my salads no need to add extra calories with dressing and soooo easy and fast to pack my lunch!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I made tuna salad without mayo and my 'Helmans mayo ONLY' bf liked it. I used greek yogurt. SO yummy! And, now I can have tuna salad again. :love:
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Friends of mine use hummus in tuna salad instead of mayo. Haven't tried it myself, but they seem to really like it.

Got to try this one, thanks!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    tuna cakes
    That's what I call my wife. :blushing:

amazing!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    This is the only way I can get my kids to eat tuna...

TUNA OATMEAL PATTIES

2 egg whites
    1 can tuna (6 – 7 oz. can, in water –drained)
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1 tsp. low sodium mustard
    1/4 cup ground oatmeal OR cooked brown rice
    pepper to taste
    1 tsp celery seed
    1/4 c. celery, diced finely
    1/4 c. red onions diced finely
    Non stick spray

Combine all ingredients and Mix well. Shape into four patties.
    Heat pan with non stick cooking spray. Cook tuna patties over medium heat slowly until browned on one side. Turn gently and cook several minutes longer until browned on other side. Cook slowly and continue to pat down so tuna does not fall apart when you flip to the other side!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love the Laughing Cow Cheese idea. As I sit here with mine mixed with Mayo with Olive Oil and a dash of sweet relish.
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    Try mixing Laughing Cow Wedges, Tuna and spices that you love...... and stuff your mushrooms with the mix, throw it in the oven for a few minutes at 350.....and VIOLA! super yummy!