great Dr visit

Options
icimani
icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
I see my Doc every 3 months to keep a check on blood pressure and blood sugar. So I had an appointment this morning and I've lost 12 pounds since last August - right where I should be with my goal to lose 1 pound a week. I was really pleased with this since I was on vacation for over 3 weeks during these last 3 months, and that included Thanksgiving! It gives me a lot of hope that once I take off the weight I'll be able to keep it off.

And... my A1c (hemoglobin test for blood sugar) was in the normal range at 5.7. So I'm done with an injectable prescription med!

AND... my blood pressure was really good so next time we'll talk about dropping one of those meds too!

WOOHOO!

Replies

• chefsmash
    chefsmash Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job! One of the things that as prompted me to get back on track is that my A1C is teetering on the diabetic range; stories like yours make me feel like I can make it better without having to get on meds. I also look forward to the day I can drop a BP med (or both lol). Keep it up!
  • SkinnyJoEllen
    SkinnyJoEllen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All your hard work is paying off, and inspiring others to achieve a healthy lifestyle!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congrats to you for taking charge of your health!!
  • mlm05004
    mlm05004 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Excellent Job! Very inspiring!
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    We're so proud of you!! Keep it up! :)
  • Maryloucoleman7
    Options
    Good for you for taking care of YOU! Keep at it.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! My hope is to get off of my blood pressure meds one day...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....Congrats and keep up the good work.
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    congratulations! Keep up the good work and keep moving in that healthy direction! :)
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    fantastic. Your hard work is paying off!
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I got to half my blood pressure meds last month :)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work and keep honing the skills to become even more fit!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news. Keep up the good work. You're heading for a healthy life!
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Dr nsv's are the best nsv's there is. *High five*.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic! I checked your profile (hope that's not considered "creeping"!!) and you should be so very proud of yourself. Happy travels, and keep up the great work. ????
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You are a hero. Congratulation.
    My doctor's appointment for the same thing is next week. I can only hope I am half as sucessful.
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! I am hoping and looking forward to those days of omitting a medication or at least cutting one in half. Congrats
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Good for you!!!!
  • rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic
  • bronnibee
    Options
    Well done!!!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!