CHRISTMAS HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Tell him thanks for his service. From a stranger on the internet!

And this !!! Absolutely.

^YES
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Did you really have to ask? Naked pics of course.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    haha
    Definitely spray your most used perfume on the scrapbook. Scents from home and scents of you will be very comforting.

Also, I sent my BF (also in the military) a shirt and included a pic (in a photobook) of me wearing it. He said the first thing he did was smell it to see if it smelled like me. :blushing: Girls are the only ones who do that.... hahaha

Maybe some games he could play? A book? His favorite snacks? Definitely his favorite shower items. BABY WIPES. Thats a highly requested item from most people who are deployed...

A few Christmas decorations?
  • rburgess7
    rburgess7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A BIG THANK YOU for his service!
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    iTunes gift card so he can keep loading the iPad?

Now following this thread just to find out what a "boobie pillow" is...
  • Focusing_on_Liz
    Options
    Tell him thanks for his service. From a stranger on the internet!

Please tell him thank you for his service.

I know when my husband goes away on a long business trip besides alot of the great ideas posted I usually get him a t-shirt and wear it so it has my scent on it. Just saying.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    (I posted this in the wrong topic earlier)

So my man is deployed and I am sending him a Christmas package.
    I need more little random ideas for it.
    So far I have

iPad and SF Giants leather case for it.
    SF Giants stocking
    SF Giants t-shirt
    candy canes
    Scrapbook I made him

what else should I include? Nothing too big but just some more random ideas. If you can't tell he loves the SF Giants.

IDEAS ANYONE?!

btw money isn't an issue so any ideas are welcome.

You should put some little things in the stocking too. hahaha
    So while he is unwrapping everything else, he pulls out the stocking and finds there are things in there too. Like Chapstick, batteries, a SF Giants lighter, socks (definitely get him socks!), etc....
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ah.. My fiance was deployed for christmas one year. I got a bunch of movie size candies and stuffed them in the stocking for him. I also wrapped all of the gifts individually so he could unwrap them on christmas morning.

Beef jerky
    Astronaut Ice Cream
    Cake in a jar

Have you made him a boobie pillow yet?
    No what is a Boobie pillow?!?!?

Get a brand new white pillow case and paint your boobies, then press them against the case to kind of "stamp" it. The imprints will be there and he can cuddle with them ;) i was on a military spouse website while my fiance was deployed and got the fun idea from there!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    OH, also, put a piece of cardboard in the pillow case so it doesnt go through :)
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    Beef Jerky
  • AmberMahfouz
    Options
    Naked Pictures!

This!
  • JraeL91
    Options
    Is he in a place where the showers are good because if he's not baby wipes are a life saver. My husband is in the military too.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Granola bars. Beef Jerky. Non perishable candy. Gum. Baby wipes. Chapstick.

Of course, all of this is dependent on where he's deployed. My kid was in Afghanistan and this is the stuff he asked for.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Do not send candy canes! My husband was in Afghanistan last year and they ended up melting and pretty much destroyed the package!

I also sent a mini Christmas tree that hooked up the USB on his laptop, Christmas Vacation, the kids made some holiday decorations. Umm... I think I sent some of the little holiday crosswords, stuff like that. Oh and I sent Christmas Oreos...the guys all loved the Oreos.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Maybe make him cookies or something that will last the travel to him. I always love adding little treats like that to my gifts to people.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    My husband was also in Kuwait- things I sent him - snack mixes- he likes the spicy ones- home made treats - mostly cookies without any chocolate in them- (melt factor) - baby wipes- Hot Tamales (the candy- but put the box in gallon ziploc bags) sometimes a card assortment- so they can send other people cards- b-days, thank yous, etc. a pillow case with your perfume on it- my hubs liked some of the random stuff I put in there- just went to local store and found stuff I thought would make him smile- a Big Lebowski key chain that had recorded lines from the movie, Duff Beer mints, soap on a rope (LOL it was grenade shaped) just lame little stuff, that when you're overseas you may not find. cards with recorded messages - so they can hear you whenever they need that reassurance. Hallmark usually has those.